My Nightmare

"Steve's got her, don'cha big boi" Eddie whispered into your ear

I take a breath and a gasp is released. That's one of my favorites to wake up to.

I don't got her, I don't have you.

I wake up, another night of dreams. Eddie Munson. He filled my mind, my heart and even sometimes my wettest of dreams. It wasn't till he was gone that I realized how much I needed someone.

Three years...

Hawkins had ate away at me for three years. Pining for one girl or another, thrown out and tossed aside. I was the resident King Steve, always the bridesmaid never the bride, isn't that the saying. I am glad I saved some...

I lost more...

Sure, I was a protector, I was a fighter, but at the end of the day I came home to an empty room, to a house filled with nothing. Where was my warm embrace, where was my happy ending....

Well the fairy tale kind.

Eddie Munson. His vest is still hanging in my closet, I sometimes get so high in it that I feel like he's there. An imaginary safety net, he tells me to stop, that I have to let him go. I will not, it's not that I cannot.

I do not want to lose the only thing I have left. It was time for Steve to stand his ground, let my body rot, let me go down in a glorious drug induced splendor. Maybe they will take pity on me, let me join him.

Back to reality

Back to reality....

I open my eyes, not sure where I am, unfamiliar skin is next to me, they are covered in a sheen of sweat, the same I have seen almost every day. I count the days, I used to make marks on my arms, then that got dangerous and then Dustin found them.

I look down and see that I did it again, a cut across my bicep, the small pain taking me back to that day. The day Eddie Munson came into my life.

Groan....my head was throbbing...the pain echoing and filling me with a taste of life.

"Baby, go back to sleep...." the voice was definitely female... she just call me a pet name. Man, I must have been gone last night, I don't like clingy partners. I don't want someone else to lose.