N is for Need

Then...

The new concert dates were set and for the first time you were looking forward to being out on the road

The new concert dates were set and for the first time you were looking forward to being out on the road. Issa came with you, she was there after all the screaming and noise, she was always waiting backstage.

Sometimes you would feel the sadness creep in, especially while playing. Gareth to, it would fill you up and overwhelm you with a need... the need to see him to be near him.

Issa was patient. She took notice when you were quiet and she was there to hold you as sometimes you wanted to dip back into the drugs, your memories of Eddie would come and go with each day. Sometimes bad and sometimes good.

Teddy was there to, she was hard on anything that went into my system. I wasn't allowed aspirin without her around.

The new songs helped, you laughed as Gareth would become unhinged on stage, sometimes losing his shirt. He started to sing back up, his voice hauntingly beautiful, it must have been because he was happy.

He got his own tattoos, a teddy bear over his heart and Issa would swoon at how romantic he was. I on the other hand wasn't about to get a tattoo, so I had to calm her down. She would always ask to see Gareth's, they became fast friends.

Then there was the lady behind all of Gareth's happiness, Teddy always stood composed, it was a front as you knew that afterwards in his dressing trailer the sounds of the two of them could be heard for blocks.

Erica revised Teddy's contract. She was allowed to date only one client. Gareth made sure it was specific to him, to which Teddy smiled, the two made a great pair.

He needed someone stronger than him and she just wanted someone who was warm. She had her sister's anniversary to mourn and it was something we all shared together, I vowed to do the same with Eddie's day...

I wanted to stop remembering all the stuff about Eddie that I was powerless to protect and just remember him...

Robin came with us on tour to, she opened for us and after a while we all fell into a familiar rhythm. It was nice to have friends close, especially when I was at my lowest. Issa would always be there, she'd hold my hand and let me talk about it.

And when talking became too much...

Teddy made me still take my breaks, whether that meant writing it all down in a letter or just talking out loud with Issa. I was thankful for the two of them. I was so thankful for the people in my life...

"Eddie gave you to me..." I told Issa as we were curled up in my bunk on the tour bus. You could hear Coel singing to Robin who was laughing her ass off. Then Teddy telling Gareth that they would not be having sex while on the tour bus and him groaning how no one would know...

We all would know Gareth... Teddy isn't quiet...

 Teddy isn't quiet