Dear Issa

Before....

I don't know why I opened the letter. I wasn't curious. It was more like I was jealous. I was jealous there was someone else in Eddie's life I didn't know about. The tickling fear of remembering how short your time with him was, he was around for what days...

You selfishly wanted him and his memory to be yours and only yours. Who was this girl? Why was she special to Eddie?

You sat on the floor of your room, you took a breath, opening the envelope and you see there is actually three letters in there. Eddie saved these, he had them in his song book, this girl was something special to him.

You sucked in air, no crying, you knew better.

Crying was forgiving yourself, crying was giving up. Steve Harrington was not going to ever give up, Eddie was mine.

Opening the first one you could see her handwriting was a bit wild, this made you smile, maybe she was more like Eddie then you would like to think

Opening the first one you could see her handwriting was a bit wild, this made you smile, maybe she was more like Eddie then you would like to think. Starting to read you don't feel like it's an invasion of Eddie's privacy, more an extension of the two of your friendship. You wanted to know so much more about him, was it that strange to savor a person that made you feel special, that maybe he was there for you and just you, not just everyone else.

Hey Eddie!

I got to hang out with this new puppy at the shelter today. Their owners just decided he was too old for them, can you fucking believe it?! I was stomping around and then the shelter staff told me it would be fine. I decided this pup was going to need extra cuddles, I told him about you. It was nice to think that you were somewhere being all cool and rock-star.

I can't wait to get your next letter. How'd the last few gigs go? You write any new songs? Send me them! I want to pretend to hear it. I wonder what you sound like, I always think you sound like Ozzy, maybe all gruff and British. Can you imagine what I sound like?

Thinking of you...
Issa

She sounds like a good person. She works with animals, that sounds like it would be fun. You then get an idea, maybe I could write her. Let her know about Eddie, and just maybe she would want to tell me about him... maybe I could have something of his past. I wanted the pain of hearing how happy he was, how I aided in ending that happiness.

I wanted to know the person that lost his life, his light, because I was weak.

I know. It's not completely my fault, but I didn't think, I should have been better. I'm Steve, I should have been there. You put the other letters away, standing up you go to your desk, you had to have paper right. Did you have a pen? Or do you write letters with a pencil? I was not rocket scientist, do rockets need scientists? Or do they have doctors?

Would robots need doctors? Your brain is suddenly side tracked. You think about all the conversations you would have had with Eddie, he would know. I bet he loves robots, I wonder if there are robots in that Mordor place? Maybe I should read that book, I bet Dustin will know what book it is....