I is for Into You

Now....

The night continued, more sweet kisses from Issa, more shots. She was wonderful, whispering some of the sweetest words in your ear. The slow, deep, beautiful blanket of alcohol was starting to take me. I know it was wrong, but it was creating this blur, a blur that hid my pain, a blur that only highlighted my need for her warmth.

"You okay Steve?" Issa placed her hands on your cheeks, her fingers were constantly warm, it was strange as most women had such cold hands.

"I'm fine. Just thinking." I said then I pushed closer to give her a quick kiss on the lips. As I down my fifth drink of the evening I can feel Issa sigh, "Thinking about what?"

"What to do tomorrow?" I look at her strangely.

"And what are we going to do tomorrow Steve?" Issa suddenly got serious. Oh no. You hadn't thought that far, you were living in the moment, the night was young and your desire levels were through the roof.

"I don't think you want to know Issa." I said in response. I could instantly tell that was not the right answer.

Issa just shook her head, she pushed off of you and took a drink, I could see her jaw tense and I frowned, "Issa

Issa just shook her head, she pushed off of you and took a drink, I could see her jaw tense and I frowned, "Issa... you know I can't be more than this right?"

"I do know Steve. I just thought that maybe..." She stopped and looked at her feet, "That maybe meeting me would make you change your mind. That having me in your arms would allow you to feel something other than..."

"Don't fucking say it..." I snarl.

"Something other than the lack of Eddie being here.." She pushed her nose towards mine, I didn't know what to do, I had this mix of distrust, desire and sadness brewing in my stomach. I wanted to kiss her, I wanted to tell her to fuck off and in the end of the day I wanted to take her home and just hold her. Feel someone, be with someone. Maybe this was a bad idea, was I hurting her?

You looked over at your other friends and you can see they are still on the dance floor.

Robin leaned back, she brought her arms above her head as she swept her hips from side to side. Gareth watched her with a smirk, she was a really good dancer and even though Gareth wasn't a big participant he seemed genuinely happy when she was happy.

The lights and dancing seemed to distract him and you could see his hair had traces of sweat, his shirt clung to his arms as he placed his finger tips lightly on Robin's hips. She laughed and jumped up and down with him. His hips moved with hers and you could see her slowly wrap her arms around his neck as she threw her head back and laughed. He picked her up by the waist and spun her around. You could watch the two of them, but you now wanted to dance to.

"I'm going to go join them, you okay?" I looked at Issa, she was still upset about your conversation earlier. She nodded for you to go, no words just hurt eyes. Too bad you were already too intoxicated to catch the genuine worry and pain. You should have given more of a fuck, Issa was special to you, she was special to Eddie. However at this moment there was a miscommunication between the two of you and you wanted a bit of space.