white lies

Grillby POV:

I wake up with my arm in immense pain. And I grunt, holding it. "shit! " I choke out as it's worse then before. I check my HP to see its less the half "thats why. I was too reckless with how much damage I took.." I sigh. look at the time only to remember I don't have work today. I decided to get up anyway and clean my house to clear my head.

In the middle of  my cleaning I get a text from sans asking if I can hang out. I decline saying I'm busy and he understands. I feel bad for lying but I don't want to see him. Not in the state I'm in..

I finish cleaning and I decided to get changed in a different hoodie and some baggy pants. I wrap my arm in bandages and I skip breakfast and leave the house as I have some errands to run for the bar. I get in my car and drive to the store to get more cleaning supplies.

I park and start shopping. Grabbing some windex, fabuloso, and more. I go to grab the sponge but bump into someone "oh my apologies! I didn't see where I was going! " I apologize only to see sans chuckling "it's alright g" he says

Why is he here! I can't let him know what I did! He'd hate me for braking that promise too! "grill? " he asks "oh sorry, sorry. " I help him up with my right hand and he thanks me. "sorry but I have to go." I say, leaving quickly.

Sans POV:

As he helps me up I see bandages on his arm. I was about to ask but he leaves before I can say anything. Did he do that to himself or did he get hurt.. He promised he wouldn't hurt himself.. He wouldn't brake that right..? I grab what pap wanted and pay for it before teleporting home.

"I'm home.. " I say and pap walks in. "Thanks for running to the-.. Sans? Is something wrong?.. " he asks. "Grillby has bandages on his arm now.. I'm worried. " I say "did you ask what happened? " he asks "I tried but he ran away before I could say anything.. " I reply. "Do you want to go check the boss computer? " asks pap "... Tomorrow. I still have stuff I gotta do.. And.. I want to try and talk to him before I check.. " I reply.

Grillbys POV:

Once I get home I put what I got away. "Grillby." I hear startling me. "Why are you here. You said I had a while. " I reply "remember when I said I have another task for you? Since you don't have work, I thought today would fit perfectly. " he says. And I avoid looking at him. "Well I'm busy. " I reply and he uses blue magic to pull me closer making me panic. "don't lie to me. Unless you want me to shove you into water again. " he says grabbing my injured arm making me wince at the sudden pain.

"Bandages hm? Looks like you did it for me. " he chuckles and I tug my arm away. "Oh don't act coye. I was just looking. " he says and it pisses me off. I work up the courage to try and attack him but nothing. "How-" I try to say but he throws me against the wall harshly making me grunt and a bone shoots through my arm making me scream in pain as tears immediately fall from my eyes and lava like blood drips from my wound, Burning my floor.

"I thought I taught you this last time. I should kill them just for that. " he says angrily, walking towards me "NO! PLEASE I'M SORRY! DON'T HURT THEM! KILL ME IF YOU NEED TO! JUST DON'T HURT THEM! " I plead, crying more.

"Why should I listen? " he asks and I pause and just hang my head in sorrow "Please..don't hurt them.." I say and another bone shoots through my arm again making me cry out in pain. "One last chance. If you try this again they're as good as dust." he spits, moving the bones in my arm making me choke out a Yelp in pain as I'm trying not to move to make it worse. "Got it? " he asks. And I nod, not being able to speak due to the pain mixed with my tears. He takes the bones away and let's go of my soul, making me fall to the ground, trying to calm down.

"Now that you'll listen. Go back to the underground and go to hot lands. Around the core there is an old lab. In it there should be a big computer. Take that apart and give me what's on this list. " he says handing me a piece of paper with what he wants on it. And I'll need you tomorrow and the rest of the night for welding the parts together. I hope you weren't planing on sleeping. And don't try to lie and say you have work. I know you don't. " he explains and I nod. "Good. You know where to bring them. " he says before leaving. I check my hp to see I only have a small quarter left "shit, shit, shit! " I mumble to myself. I can't afford another hit.

I slowly get up, shaking and my arm numb from pain. I change my shirt and rebandage my arm tightly, making me wince in pain. I grab my car keys and start driving. As I'm driving I get a call from sans and I clear my throat before I answer, wanting to hear his voice but not wanting him to know something's wrong.

"Hello? " I answer. "Hey g. How are you doing..? " he asks "could be better.. What do you need?" I reply. "I just wanted to check up on you. How's your arm doing? " he asks "it's fine. " I reply lying. I can't even begin to explain how much pain I'm in right now. "Can I ask you something..? " he asks "of course. " I reply.

"I saw you had bandages earlier and I wanted to ask what that was about.." he said "I just put that on to help my arm be stable. It's actually helping a bit. " I reply with a quick lie as I expected this question.

"Oh. well that's good. " he replies. "Are you in the car? " he asks "uh yeah. I forgot something at the store and I wanted to hurry up and get it before the stores close in an hour. " I say. "Alright. I just wanted to check on ya.. " he said "I appreciate that sans and I apologize for being busy this week." I say with a slight smile. "it's alright I understand. See ya tomorrow? " he asked.

"Sorry but I have something important I need to do." I reply. "Do you need help? " he asks "thank you but no. It's nothing you can help with. " I say sternly. "Ok well. Call me if you need me or just want to talk. " he says "alright take care now. " I say. "You too. See ya.. " he says before hanging up.

Sans pov:

I hang up and put my phone down. He sounds like he just got done crying or something But at the same time he sounded happy. "What's going on with you grill.. " I mumble. Just then I get a call from asgore and I answer. "Hello? " I respond. "Ah hello sans. I apologize for calling you at this time of night but is gaster with you? " he asked.

"No? Is he not with you?" I ask "no. He keeps leaving unannounced. " he says just then I hear the door open from Asgore's side "oh there you are gaster! Where on earth have you been? I found him, thank you, sans. " he says "huh. see ya-? " I reply. And he hangs up. "Odd.. " I mumble. I'll check the computer tomorrow.. I want him To be ok..

Grillby pov:

I got to where I was told and I start looking around. This place is vary.. Empty. It creeps me out. I finally find what I was looking for. It's huge. This looks important. Why would he want me to take it apart?

I look at the list of what he wanted me to get and get to work. It's hard moving the big pieces as it hurts my arm more. However I keep going.

After hours of disassembling this huge machine and having to bring it to my car up the mountain was so painful and tiring. Not to mention it was leaking a lot of oil. I check the time to see it's 4 am I left at 9pm. I drive to the forest close by and unload everything and get to work to help this bastard.