the argument.

Grillby pov:

I'm so tired and weak from moving everything. My arm is in unfathomable pain. But I keep working. "Hey grillby. Weld this together for me. " he demands and I do as told. Hours have passed and we're nowhere close to being done, as far as I know.

I don't even know what we're making. I'm just following orders. "Do you mind if I ask you something. " he asks and I stay silent. "You like 1s correct." he asks. "His name is sans. " I say. "Not the last I heard." he laughs and I remain silent.

"So about 1s. Do you think he'll forgive you if he finds out what you've been doing? Going behind his back, using him for your benefit, toying with him and his emotions, lying to him. Do you think he'll still care about you? " he asks making me stiffen causing me to stop in my tracks. I think about it for a second, shaking a bit at the feeling of guilt. "No.. " I reply, my voice shaky.

"Then why do you still want to protect him? Even go as far as to offer yourself death. " he asks. "Why do you care? What does this conversation have to do with what we're doing. " I ask, with slight hostility in my voice. "it matters more then you know. " he says. And I say nothing. "If you were in danger would he save you? Or let you die? Would you even want him to save you? Based on your arm, you don't think you deserve it, do you? " he responds and I just shut down. Not moving stuck in my own head. Not being able to speak or move. "It'll be better if you die after this. After all, you serve no other purpose. " he says. And I don't respond.

"Hey!" he snaps "I can't have you shutting down on me. We still have this to get worked out. Then you can wallow in your own self pity. " He says and I just nod.

After a while of working we have at least the base part done. he tests it only for something to fry out. He tries again but now, nothing happened. " tch. Are you kidding me. " he says annoyed. He checks to see what happened and sees that a wire malfunctioned, frying the energy source. "Is something wrong? " I ask "you're fucking lucky. You can go home. I have to go find a different fucking power source. I didn't realize how fried this was. I'm. Just lucky we caught this when we did. " he says and I just nod thankful that I have time to myself.

I drive home and flop on my bed. I check my arm to see my blood started to burn through the bandages and I sigh as I go to get a replacement.

Sans pov:

I know grill is busy but I need to talk to him. I teleport to his house and knock on the door hoping he's home. I hear quick movement through the house before grillby opens the door, confused. "sans? What are you doing here? " he asks.

"I just wanted to talk real quick.. Are you busy? " I ask. "Um.. No, your fine.. " he says. "Can I come in? " I ask and he nods letting me in. I walk in but notice a slight crack in his wall. I go to check what happened and look at the floor to see burn marks. Some more severe then others. "What happened here?" I ask "oh uh nothing! Don't worry about it. " he says turning my attention to him.

"Why are you here? " he asks. "Are you.. Sure you're doing ok..? You sounded upset yesterday and I just want to check up on you.. You look tired.." I say.

"Yes I'm sure, Thank you. " he says. We both hear a slight hiss and look down to see a lava like substances running down his arm and drip from his hand onto the floor "shit-" he says moving his hand quickly. "grillby, what was that? " I ask. "Nothing! Don't- don't worry about it! " he stammers.

"Grill what happened? " I asked, worried. "nothing, don't worry" he says. I try to get a look at his arm but he keeps moving out the way "sans I'm fine! " he says "if you're fine then let me check your arm. " I respond and he denied.

I check his hp to see him dangerously low and now I'm even more worried "WHY IS YOUR HP SO LOW?! " I yell, worried. "I had an accident and I took some damage.." "SOME?! GRILLBY YOU BARELY HAVE ANY LEFT! LET ME HEAL YOU! " I yell "sans no, Im Fine! " he replies, quite loudly.

"GRILLBY, IF YOU GET HURT ONE MORE TIME YOU'RE GONNA DUST! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FINE! " I say tearing up. Worried for his health and safety and he stays silent. "Please just let me heal you.. " I beg.

"Fine.. " he says and we sit down. I roll up his sleve to see new streaks of obsidian and two holes through his arm "grill what happened?! "I ask " I'd rather not talk about it. " he says as I began heal him. "Grill please tell me what's going on. I'm worried about you. Your health just suddenly declined and you're almost dusted. You can't tell me nothings going on.. " I say. And he stays silent.

"What are the holes from. " I ask sternly and he avoids looking at me, not saying a thing. "What about the new streaks. " I ask and again, he stays quiet. "Sans please just.. Go home.. " he says "I'm not going home until you talk to me." I say.

"Sans please. " he Beggs "grill normally I would but you're almost dust. I don't want to wake up one day to find out you died! " I say finally letting some tears fall as I shake a bit.

"Sans.." he starts but Doesn't say anything, trailing off. "I have seen you die.. Multiple times. And when it's one I can actually prevent you won't tell me.. Do you know how fucking worried I am about you?.. " I say, my voice trembling.

"I want to help you just like you've helped me. You keep on pushing me away and I just want to help you.. Please just talk to me about what's going on.. " I plead.

"I-.. I'm fine really. I'll be ok " he says wiping my tears and I just start laughing as more tears fall. "Sans..?" he says but he doesn't know what to say. "Out of all these years I've known you.. I've never lied to you.. And even if I did I would always tell you when you were this worried about me. So why do you keep lying to me?! " I ask, looking him in the eyes.

Grillby pov:

I just stay silent not knowing what to say or do. He's right but I can't say anything. if I do then.. "I promise it's nothing." I respond "so now you're making empty promises too? " he asks "no! I'm not-" I try and say but he just gets up still crying. "Out of everyone I knew I never thought you would lie to me.. If you don't want me to know then fine. I figure it out myself. But for the love of asgore if I find you dead.. " he says. He goes to leave but I grab his hand out of instinct. "sans, wait!" I beg "wait for what grill.. Another lie? Another empty promise? Even if you tell me I don't even know you I could believe you at this point. You want me to go home I'll go home. I'll figure this out myself. " he says before teleporting away. And I just stand there as tears slowly roll down my face.

"Do you think hell forgive you if he finds out what you've been doing? Going behind his back, using him for your benefit, toying with him and his emotions, lying to him. Do you think hell still care about you?"

"If you were in danger would he save you? Or let you die? Would you even want him to save you. Based on your arm, you don't think you deserve it, do you. "

"It'll be better if you die after this. After all, you serve no other purpos. " I hear repeating in my head, along with some other thoughts.

I go upstairs and flop on my bed and cry myself to sleep. Regretting everything that has lead to this point. "I'm sorry.." was all I could think before sleep took me.