Chapter 10

Cage

I was called down to come to the cells. Apparently there was rouge on my land and I want to know why?

I left Dakota in my bed, naked and the covers barely covered her. Took a quick shower, got dressed and went to the cells.

Seeing the guards at the door of this rouge. One of the men opened the door and I walked in, seeing a woman chained to a chair.

She lifted her head, her face was bruised, dry blood and cuts.

"Why are you on my land rouge?" My wolf let out a growl.

"Well, I'm here to tell you a message?" Whispering through her pain.

"From your leader?" I ask and she nodded her head.

"He said he received your message a few days ago and wants a war but when that's a question. It could be today, tomorrow, next week. We could just attack underneath your nose." Once she said that, my body went into alert mode.

Turning around as I was about to leave, she let out a giggle.

"You should keep your mate close." Whispering out loud.

"I don't have one."

"Are you sure? Because she's a feisty one and beautiful. My leader knows of your mate. So I would keep a close eye on her." Smirking at me.

"I don't have one. So keep telling yourself that." Trying not to sound protective.

"We'll see." She chuckled before I left the room.

Closing the door behind me.

"What do you want me to do with her?" One of the guards said to me.

"Put the rouge in a cell and leave her. I have a plan for her though." I'm not sure what my plan but I'll think of something. Maybe use her as bait.

"Yes, sir." Both guards said and went in the room.

I walk outside to get some fresh air. Walking up to two guys.

"Was it you two that brought the rouge back to the room?"

"Yes, sir. She was unconscious, naked but we covered her. One of the lady vampire fought her."

"By who?"

"By Jeanette. The rogue attack her and you should've seen her face, there was cuts, blood and bruises." My wolf whine at the words and I growled.

"Where did she go?" I stared at them.

"She mentioned about being at the lake, sir."

I nodded my head at them and left to the forest. Turning into my wolf and running towards the lake. I can smell as I got closer and closer. There she was, sitting near the water line. Using the water to wash her face.

Changing into my human form, walking slowly to her and not scaring her.

"I know you're there." Jeanette says without even looking back at me.

"I heard what happened with the she wolf. Let's see your face?" Walking slowly and getting down the my knees.

"Why, so you can see what the damage is or to hurt me some more." Whispering at me and not looking my way.

My wolf is trying to make me feel sorry for her and he's fighting to control my emotions for her. I don't want to feel nothing when I'm around her.

"My wolf wants to check to see if you're okay? or not?" Saying it in a nice tone.

"I'm fine. It's not the first time my face has been like this. Once I feed, I'll be alright." She slowly turns her head towards me. My wolf whines at the sight of her skin.