Chapter 7

Chrissy

It's felt like years but I've finally gotten through my first week of school.

English classes where the worst. Whenever I glared over at Eric he was doing the exact same. We never spoke but I think we managed to both have a mutual understanding with each other.

We both hate each other.

That the mutual understanding. No more no less.

The bell rings twice as I make my way out of English but before I can make it out a hand on my wrist stops me. I spin around.

"Don't go to the party tonight," a gruff voice instructs me.

That makes me tug at my arm in his hand. Eric hasn't talked to me for days and I've been happy with that. But it annoys me that the first time he talks to me he decides to order me around. I can do what I want.

I roll my eyes before turning around and leaving him standing there, watching me disappear.

I leave the school and walk across the carpark towards my brothers car.

"Hello!" I say, cheerfully to him. "Well, someone's happy." My brother states with a grin.

"I am." I say sincerely, "it's Friday!"

He chuckles at my behaviour before starting the car.

Once we've arrived at our house I rush inside and go to my room.

"Hey, kiddo." I hear as I pass by the living room.

After I've entered my room I go to my closet and grab the bag I packed for Ella's yesterday.

"I'm ready to go!" I tell my dad once I've hopped off the last step of the stairs.

My dad sighs, "okay, let's go."

***

"You have to be careful." My dad instructs, "if you need help call me, straight away."

We've just pulled up at her house and he's panicking.

"Dad, I'll be fine." I tell him.

Grabbing his hand I smile, he just nods.

I exit the car, slinging my bag over my shoulder. Ella's house is fancy, and huge.

It has a balcony on the second level and I can see a pool on the other side of the fence. I walk up to the front door and knock.

The door opens to reveal a little boy, "Chrissy!" He exclaims and hugs my legs.

He's so cute! He has baby blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He's in school uniform aswell, he has a mini tie.

"Charlie, go do your homework!" A woman shouts from down the hall.

"I didn't sign up for school so I don't have to do the homework." He informs the woman matter of factly.

"I've heard that excuse the entire week." The woman says walking up to us. Hands on her hips.

"Okay." Charlie relents, "bye Chrissy."

"Bye Charlie." I say to his diminishing figure.

"Hello Chrissy. It's good to see you again, I'm Ella's mum. Charlie's her meddlesome brother." Ella's mother informs me.

"It's good to meet you Mrs Norrison." I say politely.

"Oh, please. Call me Maggy." She inform me.

I smile over at her before Ella comes tumbling down the stairs and gragging me back up.

"I want to go to the party tonight." I rush out before I can change my mind.

Ella squeals delighted. "Okay, we'll get ready for it in a bit." She informs me.

I smile at her and nod.

Get ready?

Eric

She wasn't going to listen to me. I don't want her at the party, I don't want to relent.

Nathan's up to something I know he is.

I get into my car and drive off to pick up Caleb and Lucy.

"I can't believe the first week of school is over!" Caleb cries.

" I can't that was just one week." Lucy pouts.

"Cheer up kids. And Lucy I'm sure it wasn't that bad." I question.

"Well there is one thing I don't mind about . . ." She says whilst blushing.

I don't think I like the sound of that.

"And what is that?" I ask hesitantly.

She thinks for a moment before telling us, "there's a really cute boy whose really funny in my class."

I go rigid as Caleb exclaim, "Gross!"

"You're too young to think about those things Lucy." I inform her.

She rolls her eyes, "I can think about whatever I want."

Dear Lord, she's going to give me a heart attack.

"It doesn't matter though because Stacy, you know Stacy? Yeah well, she's dating him."

That's it I'm dead.

Stacy is Lucy's bestfriend. Which means this 'cute boy' hangs out with them.

Lucky for me we reach our house shortly after.

"I'm going to go bake cookie's!" Lucy exclaims, jumping out of the car and rushing indoors.

"Caleb, make sure your sister doesn't burn the house down." I order.

"Yes, sir." He says, raising two finger to his eyebrow then soluting me. After he jumps out of the car and rushes after Lucy.

***

I drive off once I know they're home and hopefully safe.

It's my time to do the weekly shop and I want to get it over and done with before I go to the party.

And so I pull up to the closet supermarket: Tesco's.

I get out and grab a couple of bags from the boot of my car.

Before going into entrance I head over to where the trolleys are kept.

I throw the bags in before heading off into the store.

I work around all the isles, grabbing; pasta, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, flour, eggs, and cereal.
Once I've stocked up on more items I proceed to the checkout and wait in the cue bored I spot a familiar face.

Familiar dyed black hair and blue eyes. Chrissy and Lucas's mum. She's with another woman whose in police uniform, what shocks me the most is when they both lean in for a kiss.