A Little Birdy and an Academy

"I was joking!" Valkyrie yelled up above. She frantically tried to hang on to the ledge, but felt her fingers slipping.

"I didn't find it funny," Skulduggery replied from above.

"You find everything funny!" She retorted.

"Not everything."

"Help me up right now!"

"I may, and then I may not."

"You will! Right now!"

"Oh look I see a shark!"

Valkyrie looked down and shrieked. A large dorsal fin was circling beneath her.

"Say you are sorry for sitting on my hat."

Valkyrie grumbled something about skeletons being overly grudge holding.

"What was that?" Skulduggery called. "I think Mr Sharkey is getting hungry!"

Valkyrie swallowed all her pride.
"I'm sorry!" She called.

"You're forgiven."

Valkyrie felt the air gently hoist her up and she could see over the edge.

"On second thought, I don't think you meant that. Bye bye!" Skulduggery yelled.

"No!" Valkyrie screamed as she fell. She plummeted down the cliff face towards her death. She suddenly felt the air bringing her back up, and she breathed a sigh of relief. She came up over the ledge and her feet touched the ground and she breathed heavily.

"What the hell?!" She exclaimed.

"What?" Skulduggery cocked his head.

"Why did you throw me off the edge?"

"You said it yourself after you deliberately sat on my favourite hat."

"I was joking!"

"Yes. But I wasn't."

***

They reached Gordon's house half an hour after leaving Cassandra's. Valkyrie was still angry, and she gave Skulduggery the cold shoulder the whole way there. She quickly got out as Skulduggery parked the Bentley, and jogged up the steps. She took the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. Skulduggery stepped in first, gun in hand. She quietly followed him in, and stood next to him in the hallway.

"I'll take this area, you search the rooms upstairs," Skulduggery said.

"I still hate you," Valkyrie snapped.

"No you don't, you look up to me."

"Aren't you just a funny bones!" Valkyrie teased. Skulduggery groaned.

"More anatomy jokes?"

"What's wrong, am I getting under your skin?"

"Valkyrie stop..."

"Don't want pizza, how about some spare ribs instead?"

"Seriously..."

"This conversation's getting a little dis-jointed."

"I swear..."

"Come on Sherlock Bones, lighten up!"

"You're annoying me..."

"Ever considered music, you could play the trombone!"

"I said stop..."

"Or become Pelvis Presley!"