Regrets Tanith and the Werewolf

You guys are awesome! Over 400 reads! I'm so happy! This fanfic won't be ending for a while yet so I hope that makes you happier after losing the Valduggery. On that note, bet you weren't expecting Miss Ambry Nokis to be Skulduggery's sister either! Hehe I'm such a fuckhead XD

Hope you enjoy this next chapter, and thank you for all the love! such-an-english-girl and skullduggeryvalkyrie! You guys are amazing! Seriously, check them out!

So Skulduggery had a sister. Valkyrie remembered that he had told her something about him having siblings, but he wouldn't tell her their names, saying that they were all dead. That means that sweet Ambry will die. Valkyrie didn't cry. She tried not to as different thoughts roamed free in her mind. At that moment, Ambry was probably her only friend. The girl with the chestnut curls understood her. She understood her situation. Valkyrie decided to follow Ambry's advice, seeing as Skulduggery was her brother, and she obviously knew what she was talking about. She tried to avoid him at all times. If she passed him in the hall, she didn't make eye contact. In classes, she sat as far away as possible. He didn't seem to want to talk to her, and she was getting impatient. She was itching to get home, to grieve, to get away from the haters, get away from Grave. She just wanted to go home and fall into Skulduggery's arms. To feel his familiar bony figure underneath his suit. For him to crack jokes and be sarcastic. She missed his warm arrogance, his velvet voice, and the way he protected her no matter what. She missed the Bentley, heck! She even missed her reflection! She missed the tapping on her window every morning, and getting up to let Skulduggery in, curling up under the blankets and knowing that he would be there. She missed her parents, Alice, Tanith, Ghastly, Fletcher and the other sorcerers to whom she had become attached to, especially the rest of the Dead Men. She just wanted Grave to send her home. She was scared that if she did go home, that she'll find that her partner won't exist. Grave would go to great lengths to ensure that his plan remained intact, and Valkyrie knew that he would stop at nothing to get it done.

She tried to concentrate as she sat in Magic Theory, trying hard not to make eye contact with Skulduggery, and ignoring the sharp glares she was getting from Asaria. What was wrong with that girl? All of the sudden shed turned into the wicked witch of the west. Wait, no. That was an exaggeration. Valkyrie was certain that Asaria was not evil, just stubborn and protective, much like her. She wanted to make sure that her friends were safe, and Valkyrie knew the feeling. She tried not to let I get to her as they left the room after the lesson, and went towards the cafeteria.

Ambry was waiting for her at the table at the other end of the room. Valkyrie smiled, sitting down across from her, and looked over in the direction of the Dead Men's table. All eyes were on her and Ambry, and they didn't even try to hide their surprise. China was fuming, and Valkyrie thought she was going to explode. There was no doubt in her mind that China would pull her next stunt soon. Skulduggery remained still and Valkyrie could tell that the Dead Men were worried about him. Just wait, Valkyrie thought, you'll get him back. Just wait.

The 21st Century:

Tanith and Fletcher were worried. Worried for Skulduggery, worried for Valkyrie. As if that wasn't enough, the mysteries of the missing mortals and the werewolf in Ireland were still unsolved, as Skulduggery had focused all his attention on finding Grave and his beloved partner. Tanith was sure that Val wasn't coming back, but Fletcher didn't seem to care much. Tanith thought it was because of how she had cheated on him with Caelan, but he should've gotten over that by now. Right? Other than the fact that Val was missing, Tanith had other things on her mind. A werewolf? In Ireland? Attacking people in the middle of the day? Something was fishy there, and if nobody was going to get to the bottom of this little mystery, then Tanith was just going to have to do it herself.

The 1600's:

Valkyrie talked with Ambry for the rest of the lunch break. Valkyrie didn't have a lot to chat about, so she let Ambry do most of the talking. Valkyrie sat there the whole break, looking over at the table, noting how they all laughed and talked, but Skulduggery remained silent. Valkyrie felt awful. She had really broken him, and she felt like there was nothing she could do to make up for what had happened, and there was no way that she could take back what she had said. And now, there would be no Skulduggery Pleasant.