'Until the End'

Hehe you are all going to hate me......
Then you're going to love me again!!!!!!
Yay! Chocolate bunnies for everyone!!!!!
I just a have one thing to say...........

UP THE MAROONS!!!!!!!! KICK NEW SOUTH WALES ARSE!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the outburst.

On with the story!!!!!!

Tanith was ready. She couldn't take it any longer. She'd let it go on for another three days, and Valkyrie had almost died four times. Four times they'd had to revive her, and now, it was time. There was no point in prolonging her pain when Skulduggery was nowhere to be found. It wasn't worth it. Tanith got ready to leave the room as soon as Synecdoche turned off her life support. Ghastly sat next to her, his hand clasping her upper arm, trying to comfort her. She held back her tears, and tried to make Val's last moments happy and joyful. Although, she was feeling the complete opposite of happy and joyful. She had no doubts that Ghastly felt the same way she did. She prayed that Valkyrie would suddenly wake up and look up at them with her gorgeous brown eyes. But that wasn't going to happen. Tanith would never see those big brown eyes ever again. Would never hear her beautiful voice, see her cute sulk and the way she scowled when someone or something proved her wrong. She would miss the way she had grown into an amazing young sorcerer, an amazing young detective. She would miss the way she always followed Skulduggery around. He'd finally found a purpose for his life, and now he'd lost it, and now they'd lost him as well. They had lost each other.

"Are you ready Tanith?" Synecdoche asked. Tanith nodded. She held back tears and Ghastly pulled her close. Synecdoche walked over and switched off the life support. Tanith couldn't contain it, she started balling into Ghastly's shoulder, sobbing. Ghastly helped her stand and led her out of the room. Synecdoche also left, a tear running down her cheek.

Skulduggery waited until they had all left the corridor before he walked quickly into the room in which Valkyrie was being kept. He stopped when he saw her, tubes everywhere, an annoying beeping machine, and an odd smell. He didn't like it. She quickly knelt beside her beside, and stroked her hair.
"Hey Valkyrie," he whispered, not wanting anyone else to hear except his partner.
"Are you going to wake up soon? They turned you off, but you're still alive. Is my beautiful little fighter still in there somewhere?"
He noted how her fingers started moving, and he mentally smiled.
"Wake up for me Valkyrie. We promised to be together until the end, and I'm not breaking that promise."
He activated his facade, and kissed he lightly on the forehead.
"I'm not breaking that promise either," a weak voice said. He broke away, and looked at her face. Her brown eyes were open, and staring at him. For a moment he couldn't move, just stared. Then he was hugging her gently.
"Oh Valkyrie."
She tapped the sigils on his collarbones, and the facade retracted.
"That's better," she sighed. Then her face turned sour. "Now get these needles and tubes out of my body."
He laughed. He'd missed that scowl.
"Not yet."
She pouted. "How are you here?" She asked suddenly.
"What?"
"How are you here? How do you exist?"
"I don't follow...."
"The paradox, Grave killed you...."
"Huh?"
"Oh yeah, you don't know."
Then she proceeded to tell him everything. When she was done, he felt astonished.
"So I died?"
"Yes."
"Well of course I did, I am a skeleton."
"But you didn't die they way you originally did."
"I know why I'm here."
"Why?"
"Death flows into life and life flows into death right?"
"I try not to quote Necromancers but yes."
"So no matter how I died, I would still come back a skeleton because I still died, and death is death, no matter how you are killed."
"You're not making much sense."
"Think about it Valkyrie. No matter how I died, I was still a Necromancers experiment, and so I would still be a skeleton."
She thought for a moment, then a huge grin spread across her face.
"I'm so glad you're not dead!" She exclaimed.
"Well technically I am dead. But it works for me!"
Then they heard footsteps outside the door.
"Skulduggery?" Came Tanith's voice. Skulduggery turned, and Tanith held back tears, running towards him and jumping into his arms.
"Your here!" She exclaimed.
"Yes I am."
Then her face turned serious, and she looked towards Valkyrie, and her features lit up.
"Val! Oh my god! You're awake!" She squealed, bounding toward her and gently wrapping her arms around her sister.
"I knew that Skulduggery was the key!" She yelled, and Valkyrie laughed while Skulduggery looked confused.
"Key?" He asked. Tanith turned.
"The key to waking Val up," she explained. "Every time we mentioned your name, her fingers would move. So then I knew you were the key."
"Okay stop calling me 'the key.' I find it very disturbing."
They all laughed.
"It's good to have both of you back," Ghastly said.