Argeddion & Darquesse

Yay! Over 700 views and over 100 votes and comments! Thank you guys so much! You are all awesome!!!!!!!

Next chapter here we come.......

Oh and the title says it all....

"I can't believe this!" Valkyrie exclaimed. "You were behind this all along!"
Fletcher smiled. "Well you can believe it Valkyrie because it's true."
Valkyrie felt Skulduggery at her shoulder, and inside she smiled. She knew he'd help her if things got out of hand, but she was fully capable of fighting her own battles, and he knew that.
"Why did you do it?" She asked, stepping forward slightly.
"Because you cheated on me you incompetent fool. You hurt me, so now I'm going to hurt you back. Physically." He pointed outside the door.
"Oh Argeddion! Time to play!"
Valkyrie went cold as Argeddion stumbled through the door, and locked eyes with her. He snarled, and kept towards her. Valkyrie pushed at the air, sending Argeddion flying back into a wall. Fletcher cried out with rage and the White Cleaver came racing in, his scythe flashing. He almost took Tanith's head off, but she ducked under it, and came up with her own sword in her hands. Ghastly took on Fletcher, and the teleporter smiled, attacking furiously. Valkyrie focused her attention on Argeddion as he quickly got to his feet, and Skulduggery was by her side. She looked at him and he looked down at her, and together they sent a wave of air slamming into him, taking Argeddion off his feet. His head hit the wall with a sickening crack, and he slumped to the floor and didn't get up. Meanwhile, Ghastly noticed how good Fletcher had become at fighting. The teleporter was a challenge, unbelievably, and Ghastly found himself being pounded from behind when Fletcher teleported. Tanith was ducking and weaving and blocking, the White Cleaver coming dangerously close to chopping her head off. The fighting slowly died down as Fletcher and the cleaver saw Argeddion slumped on the ground, with Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant looking down at him. Fletcher roared in anguish, and Ghastly grabbed him in a headlock when he was distracted, so that if he teleported, he'd take Ghastly with him. The White Cleaver had Tanith in his grip, his scythe blade pressed to her throat. She breathed quickly, and looked at Valkyrie, who was knelt by Argeddion, Skulduggery on the other side of the sorcerer's unconscious form.
"Is he dead?" Valkyrie asked.
"No I don't think......"
Skulduggery didn't get to finish as Argeddion sat up in a flash, and snapped Valkyrie's neck like a twig. Tanith cried out and Ghastly yelled. Valkyrie's body fell, and Skulduggery punched Argeddion in the throat. Argeddion gagged. Skulduggery left him, and rushed to Valkyrie's side. He felt for a pulse. There wasn't one. Tanith sobbed. Skulduggery's shoulders sagged, and he could feel the rage and hatred burning up inside him. He'd only just got Valkyrie back, now he'd lost her again. He turned as Argeddion stood up, grinning despite the blood that ran down from his head.
"You took away the one thing I loved in the world Argeddion. And now, you're going to pay!" His hand snapped down and pulled the gun from its holster. He aimed it straight at Argeddion's head. Argeddion laughed a raucous sound, but Skulduggery's gun didn't waver. Ghastly was watching him intently, and Tanith was crying. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, a beautiful hand was laid on his shoulder.
"Valkyrie....." He whispered. He heard her laugh.
"Oh you wish darlin'! Do you really think Valkyrie could have come back from the brink of death like that?"
"Darquesse," he growled.
"Oh, don't worry. I'm not here to, destroy the world or anything. I'm just here for him," she grinned, pointing at Argeddion.
"Oh hell," Argeddion cursed, and stumbled back as a wave of shadows came slicing towards him.