Chapter 1

*Kanika Pov*

I stared at the blinking cursor on the word document while thinking about the present situation.

Two years back when he offered me this contract marriage, I definitely rejected it even though I got tempted by his offer to deal with my Dad.

In the hospital, as he continued to discuss the effect on Anitha, I didn't want to accept even then.

Maybe when he asked me to leave the matter and was about to forget the offer, I shouldn't have raised my voice to accept it.

I would have definitely been fine without accepting this offer. Anitha and I have seen many things and getting back to normal was not a new thing and we both would have dealt with things slowly.

However, when I found such an easy way for the first time in my life, I couldn't help but hold it and I don't regret doing it at all.

I didn't regret it when things were not that good between us in the beginning and I didn't regret it when I felt the need to spend my life with him.

I didn't regret when he rejected my feelings and again I didn't regret the time we spent together in an unnamed relationship which was special for me.

Just like all those things, I don't regret terminating the contract and divorcing the man sitting beside me right now.

Then why did I feel happy when he asked me to continue the act of being a couple for a few more weeks and agreed to it immediately?

I took a deep breath and started typing the rules that would protect me better than last time.

1. Party A need not pay any consideration to Party B.

2. Party B will tell everything to her friend without hiding about both contracts.

3. Party B's work will be the highest priority over any kind of occasion relating to party A.

4. Party B will not allow any kind of mistreatment from Party A's family.

5. There should be no compulsion for Party B to stay in Party A's house.

6. This contract can be terminated at any point on the wish of Party B.

7. By mistake, if any third party other than Party B's friend gets to know about the contract, there will be no legal charges on Party B.

I stared at the points I typed and tried to think what else can be added. The most important part is telling Anitha about it.

I don't want to have any more secrets with her no matter what. So, I can adjust here and there with other points but not that one.

As I tried to think of more, I couldn't get anything to my mind at present and so, I calmly passed my laptop to his hands while he passed a sheet of paper to me.

In the past, he used the laptop and I used a paper but now... I shook my head to not think about the past before glancing at the things written on the paper with a clear mind.

I froze the moment I saw the number of points on the paper and then closed my eyes after reading the two points he had written.

1. Party B should meet and talk to Party A at least once a day without fail.

2. Party B should remember the feelings of Party A to be honest.

"Vikranth!" I whispered opening my eyes and found him staring at me with a calm expression.