Chapter 41

*Mohan Pov*

"Want to have a drink?" I nodded at Pramod and found him ignoring Ashok completely who was sitting with us.

I sighed not interfering as even I was upset with what Ashok did. How can he harm his own kid for others like this?

However, along with feeling upset, I am also guilty. We all knew he started treating us as his family after what happened and we should have taken a step back and stayed just as his subordinates.

"Here!" Pramod passed the glass to me and sat down beside me.

"Vikranth will handle it tomorrow? There will be no one opposing, right?" He asked glancing at me.

"After what happened in today's party, they will be mad person if they still support Girish. It was a nice plan from Kanika and others." I replied and he nodded.

"Is Shrishti fine?" Ashok asked looking at me and finally opened his mouth.

"Yeah! It was also part of a plan she added by herself. Did you talk to Vikranth and asked him whether he is fine? We all knew what was happening today except for him." I pointed out.

Seeing his silent gaze, I realized he didn't do any of that. I know he is not an emotional person but Vikranth is his son and he should be concerned about him.

"We will talk to him tomorrow. I still can't believe we were clueless about his life completely." Pramod said shaking his head.

"So, this can be the reason for Kanika to not try to be like a family with us and also to not join GH." He added nodding to himself.

"We can't say that for sure. Did you forget whatever happened when she first met us? Also, it is her wish whether to join GH or not." I commented and he nodded accepting my words.

After that, we three sat in silence and the time just passed. I finished my drink and thought about tomorrow's meeting.

"Did you really harm your son because my Son liked Shrishti?" Pramod suddenly asked Ashok.

"Tell me!" He demanded and he looked mad after controlling himself for all these days.

"Shrishti and Vikranth wouldn't have been happy if they got together." Ashok stated looking at us directly.

"How do you know that?" I asked him frowning.

I am not as mad as Pramod because what Ashok did was completely like his character but still, I am unable to wrap my mind around his reasons.

"I know! For a second when Shrishti faced those things, I thought it would have been better for Vikranth to marry Shrishti but only for a second. It would not have been good for anyone if that had happened." He explained.

"Even for Vikranth?" I asked staring at him.

"Mainly for Vikranth!" his answer surprised me a lot but calmed me down at the same time.

Even Pramod just sighed and discussed what to do tomorrow as we have to cut down Girish no matter what from GH and if possible his lackeys too.

"Vikranth can handle it and you both need not worry." Ashok stated as we were lost in talking.

"We shouldn't dump everything on him, right?" Pramod pointed out.

"It's not dumping! GH is his company and he should know how to protect it." He replied back.

"No matter how efficient he is, we both would like to worry him as he is like our son too." Saying that Pramod continued his discussion.

"By the way, is Kanika still with Vikranth?" I asked the doubt in my head.