Chapter 44

*Kanika Pov*

Where are you? I thought rushing out of my cabin, and ignored Meghana's calling and got into my car.

I rolled down the window saying, "I am sorry for leaving in a hurry. I will call you later."

After that, I drove out and the first thing I did was to drive to his place thinking if he is not at the company, he could have just gone to his place.

When I drove there, I found another car and saw Prathap getting out of the car with Anitha, Shrishti, and Nitish.

"Even you thought he could be here?" Prathap asked reaching my side and I nodded at him.

"He left his phone and car at work itself. He never did it before." Shrishti mumbled following us.

"I called Dad and they didn't say what happened and how this information got out." Prathap explained and we all stepped inside the house but didn't find anyone.

I rushed to the stairs and climbed them to reach his room but it was empty and then searched in other rooms.

"Prathap! Search in the study." I called from upstairs.

"He is not here." He replied and I stood there not knowing where else to look.

I covered my face trying to think of a place he could go. But I came out with nothing in my head.

Wait! He could have... I immediately climbed down the stairs saying, "You guys search at other places you can think of. I will contact you guys later."

"Where are you going? I will come with you." Anitha said following me.

"No! Stay with Prathap! He is shaking with worry." I said pointing at Prathap and assured her before walking out of the house.

I drove away and reached the place I thought he could be. When I walked into the graveyard, I found some people here and there.

I tried to remember the place we were before and had to spend some time before finding the place only to find it empty without anyone.

Was I wrong to think he could be here? I sighed rubbing my forehead to think more. I felt tired and just stood there for some time.

After sometime, I walked out of the place thinking I should keep on searching and then thought of another place he could have gone to.

What if he went to his Dad's place feeling guilty as usual? I frowned but started driving to that place.

"Hello?" I said picking the call from Meghana as I found a few missed calls from her.

"Where are you? Did something happen to Vikranth? Why did he seem so lost?" I sighed hearing her words.

"Yeah! I am searching... wait! What do you mean by he seems so lost?" I asked stopping the car on the side.

"As I was going home for lunch, I found him going to yours and informed him that you are not here. He didn't say anything and just opened the door by himself. I tried to call him again but he closed the door behind him." She explained.

"Thank you so much! I will explain everything later." Saying that I cut the call and then called Prathap to inform him.

By the time I could drive to my place, I found them waiting for me outside. I frowned thinking why didn't they just got inside.

"He is not opening the door. I rang the bell so many times." Prathap explained.

I nodded opening the door with my shaking hands and gestured for everyone to walk in as I felt I need to collect myself a bit before seeing him.