Chapter 8

*Vikranth Pov*

"Glad to meet you, Kiran! Where is your restaurant? Even I am into cooking and managing one... two restaurants myself." Prathap said breaking the silence as I just glanced at this person for a few seconds before looking away while thinking about her choice of words.

"Really? Anitha is lucky to get a chef as her boyfriend. That was her wish once when she visited my restaurant." Kiran replied and they both talked about the restaurant matter while Anny pushed my shoulder which made me glance at her.

"Don't worry! They both respect each other a lot and if something had to happen, it would have happened in the past." She assured me and I didn't comment anything hearing those words.

"Kanika promised to prepare attire for me specially and that's why I took a leave and came here." Kiran suddenly joked and my expression which loosened a bit with Anny's words stiffened again.

I know Kanika is a designer and I would wish for her to design hundreds of people in the future but every time I think or hear about her designing any male attire, I feel uncomfortable.

I should work on it by myself to get myself comfortable as I am the one being irrational here.

So, I calmed my expression and stood silently but got included in the conversation when Kiran suddenly asked, "Are you really her husband?"

"Yes! Why?" I asked without pausing to which he frowned in confusion again.

"She always mentioned how she wouldn't get married or get into a relationship unless she achieves her dream. So, I am surprised about this." He replied and I glanced at Kanika who is walking towards us while hearing his words.

"Maybe I am that special to her that she changed her plans and it's not like there was any interruption to her dreams." I replied even though inside I know the real reason for any kind of relationship we ever had.

Kanika paused for a second before moving towards us and stood beside me asking, "What happened?"

"Nothing! I was just discussing how it surprised me that you are married." Kiran replied honestly and that just made me feel he is honest for sure.

I was not with a bad impression towards him except for uneasiness as Kanika wouldn't be close to someone easily and that person must be good. However, I didn't see her this close to someone other than Anny and it just didn't sit well with me.

"Kanika! Let's start the ceremony!" We all heard a voice and turned to find Kanika's partner calling for her.

It was the first time I saw her and didn't get to meet her along with others. During the ceremony, I stood beside Kanika asking, "Are you feeling comfortable in the new place?"

"Yeah! I didn't get to rest much as I was busy inviting people and making the arrangements. Maybe today, I will get to rest properly." She replied and I nodded understanding her feeling.

"I was really upset that you didn't choose my restaurant for catering, Kanika." Prathap commented making Anny and me sigh.

"I wanted the people who are important to me to be part of this." Kanika explained and I glanced at Prathap to see his expression drop.

"Am I not important?" He asked frowning.

She stared at him in silence and opened her mouth but closed it after a second and before she could try to reply, she was called to walk forward to hold the flowers that are being placed on the deity idols.

As Prathap continued to stay silent, Anny asked him, "Are you upset?"

"No! I understand her as I was completely rude to her for so long and I can't expect her to suddenly forget all that. However, I will work hard to be more important than Kiran that she would let me be the person to handle the catering when she will have the first anniversary of her brand." He said and I saw Anny moving to the side hug him with a huge smile.