Chapter 20

*Kanika Pov*

After he stopped the car near my place, I opened my eyes to look at the building where both Meghana and I am staying right now.

I don't want to see her or talk to her right now. When the others asked me to stay at Anitha's place, I was being stubborn to come and stay here to show I am completely fine.

However, right now I don't know whether I want to stay alone and mainly here today. I opened my mouth to ask Vikranth to take me to his place or stay here for tonight but paused after hearing his words.

"I need to go out of the station tomorrow for some work and will be gone for a week." He stated looking at me.

I stared at him and felt panic to know he will not be there with me and immediately asked, "Do you have to go?"

"Yeah! That's why I went back to the office today afternoon after receiving that information. I tried arranging someone else as I can't send Mohan Uncle right now in his state. However, this is really important and no one else can go other than me." He replied while holding my hand.

I still felt to ask him to at least postpone for a day because I don't know whether I can handle all this alone and I don't want to burden Anitha with this.

"Also Dad stressed that I need to be careful with this and he asked me to make sure I go and not let Mohan Uncle go there." He added and those words stopped whatever words I was collecting to request him.

I closed my eyes while letting go of all the wishes to have him here as I can never beat his Dad's commands.

"Okay!" saying that I opened the door to get down while taking my hand away from his hold calmly.

"Kanika! I don't want to go but this is something..." I cut him off with a smile saying, "You should go! I need some space from everyone anyway. So, let's meet after you return."

He slowly nodded after a few seconds while I didn't let my smile slip and I turned around to walk towards the gate while letting the smile slip.

I was just being stupid to think of depending on someone else for this small matter. I will just go to Anitha if I can't stay alone.

After reaching my room, I showered and laid down on the bed trying to drift off into sleep but all I can see is her proud smile towards someone else.

Did I spend all these years like this just to see that? I always wished to see her somehow from the time she left but right now I just wish I never got to see her till the day I die.

It feels like she left me all over again and even having the power to stop her, I can't do anything at all.

I opened my eyes hearing my phone ring and I picked it up seeing Anitha's number. I asked her, "What happened?"

She explained the issue with her shoot and how she has to go back tomorrow without fail. I closed my eyes hearing those words and calmly said, "Don't worry about me. I have work to do and will be busy with it. We will meet after you return."

"Shrishti will come with lunch and dinner until I return. Don't forget to have your meals timely." She added.

"No! I can prepare my own meals and have them." I said not wishing to see anyone else right now.

I just wished for either Vikranth or Anitha and don't want anyone else with me right now. If they both can't be here then it's better no one is here.

"It's already decided, Kanika! You just need to have the meals that she brings and that's all. I really don't want to go but... right now I wish I am not an actress and just have a job where I can take leave whenever I want without having my future get affected." She said sighing.