Chapter 14

*Meghana Pov*

As I was about to open the door to enter the office room, someone collided with me with her face sticking to the phone.

"I am so sorry! I was typing a message and didn't see you." She said apologizing and I smiled at her.

"Did you come to meet Kanika?" She nodded and put her phone away.

"I am glad I met you before leaving. Next week is Kanika's birthday and I wanted to throw a surprise party at 12 but I got mixed up with a very important shoot. So, I will conduct it in the evening hours when I return." She explained and I gave her a confused look.

"I just want to make sure she doesn't come to my place suddenly. Can you keep an eye on her that day?" She finally asked.

"Sure! I will take her to some other place where she has to stay till the evening then." I replied remembering how I thought of surprising Kanika by letting her meet Landen.

Isn't this amazing to give her a surprise on her birthday? I smirked thinking my surprise will be better than Anny's.

Anny gave a confused look seeing my expression and I cleared my throat saying, "Just give me the date and I will do it. I never heard her talking about her birthday before and so I didn't give much thought about it."

"It's not like she doesn't care about birthdays. I remember her working hard just to prepare a dress for you." I added and couldn't hide the envy.

How I wish I have such a friend who cares about me? I thought sighed and Anny nodded with a calm expression.

"She doesn't like celebrating birthdays so much. I had to force her sometimes but she doesn't take any initiative to celebrate. But she always goes out of her way to celebrate mine." She said smiling with pure happiness.

"You know, I don't need anyone else if she is in my life. I can continue to lead a happy life." She added with a bragging tone.

"Really? So, the rumors are true that you broke up with your boyfriend? I thought they were false as I saw him with you here a few times." I asked frowning.

"We didn't break up! I am just saying that she is really important and I would still lead a very happy life only with her in it." She explained and I slowly nodded still feeling envious.

"Shall we go?" We were both startled hearing a voice and turned to see her boyfriend standing near the entrance with a blank expression.

"Sure! I just messaged you and asked whether you reached or not and ended up talking to her and didn't see your reply." Anny said smiling at him and then waved at me before walking away.

"You didn't tell me the date?" I asked ignoring her boyfriend who definitely seemed to have heard the words just now.

However, when she mentioned the date, I got shocked and immediately reached out to her asking, "Can I know about Kanika's parents?"

I can expect the name to be a coincidence but how can the birthday be? Anny gave me a confused look and calmly said that her Mom passed away long back and her dad is no longer in her life.

"She is not an orphan?" Even though it is clear that this Kanika is not Aunty's Kanika when I heard about her Mom but I still continued.

"She stayed at an orphanage." Anny said with a curious look at me.

"Okay!" I mumbled and waited until they left but felt weird while thinking about the coincidences.

Now, I definitely need to take her to meet Landen and Radhika Aunty to see this issue to the end. What if... I didn't continue thinking it is better to not have any hopes and if Aunty thought her daughter is dead then there must have been a reason for it.