Chapter 52

*Anitha Pov*

"Done!" I got startled hearing the word and turned to glance at Kanikawho finally stood up after arranging the bottom of the gown I am wearing.

She kept on looking over every inch of gown with a frown and I smiled asking, "Are you nervous?"

"Of course! I shouldn't get your name spoiled by any mistake that could happen." She replied and I sighed at her words.

"I didn't get you this work. I know you would feel nervous and that's why I chose three brands. The magazine is the one who chose you and so don't think you didn't deserve this." I pointed out while taking the water bottle from my assistant to take a sip using straw to not ruin my makeup.

"I am not nervous because of that. I want my friend to look amazing in the shoot and that's all." She assured me and still looked over everything again.

"When you were adjusting the gown just now, I just remembered one time when you had to adjust my attire in a hurry because I had to attend GH anniversary." I said smiling at her.

"I remember! That's because of Prathap who hurt you at that time." Kanika said nodding.

"I am sorry!" we both got startled and turned to glance at Shrishti and Prathap who entered the room.

It seems both of them apologized right now and I sighed shaking my head. I waved at the baby Shrishti is holding and then turned to glance at Kanika.

"At that time, I thought that one day you will do the same for me for something very important in my career. I can't believe it came true." I continued talking to Kanika.

"I will do this for far more important moment in your future." She assured me and I frowned for a second before chuckling realizing what she was talking about.

"Okay! I will go and check the other attires." Saying that she walked out of the room and took the baby in her arms on the way.

"Thank you!" Shrishti thanked her and followed her.

Prathap walked into the room clearing his throat and I smiled at him. He smiled back and looked at my attire and then at my face.

"What are you thinking?" I asked adjusting my earring as it turned over.

"That you look beautiful." He replied and I laughed while my assistant walked out of the room silently.

"Thank you! Why did you come this far today? Tomorrow you need to handle the kitchen, right?" I asked yawning.

From the morning I was getting ready and already finished the shoot in simple wedding attires. But from now on everything will be huge ones.

"I took leave and decided to come and accompany you. Everyone is here anyway." He replied shrugging.

That's true! Nitish can't skip this because this is very important for both GH and me. Also, because the event was organized by Shrishti's company as per the suggestion of GH.

Vikranth came here saying because it is important for GH, he needs to be here as a head and also because he is investor for Kanika's brand.

"So, you just came? What if someone writes a gossip that Ms. Anny is turning the work into a family shoot?" I asked him joking.

"Well, I brought lunch for everyone specially from my restaurant free of cost. So, no one will complain." He replied shrugging.

"Why? You are just over working yourself with that." I said reaching his side and held his hand.

"It's just for my girlfriend." He said shrugging and I got startled.

He generally calls me fiancé by mistake but finally he is calling me his girlfriend without any mistake?

"Okay!" I mumbled and had to leave as I got called for the shoot.

After finishing the shoot, I changed my attire again with Kanika's help and this time the attires are changed to Indian bridal wears and not gowns anymore.

From the afternoon, the shoot continued again with some staff praising Prathap's thoughtfulness.

As the shoot was on the beach, it is difficult to get normal food here and have to travel to reach the place to get food for everyone.

But now everyone had a warm lunch with not much struggle. I felt proud hearing those words and couldn't help but smiling while hearing them.

When we finished the last shoot everyone were tired and started packing up the things. When I reached the room allotted to me to change the attire, I found Shrishti and Nitish inside holding the baby who is wide awake right now.

"I can't believe she is already three months." I said tapping her cheek with my finger but didn't try to pick her up.

The attire and the jewelry will just hurt her skin. So, I moved towards the mirror while searching for the containers to remove the jewelry first.

I turned to ask them to leave so that I can change only to find Kanika and Vikranth also entering the room with Prathap following them.

"Should I go to another room to change?" I asked while looking around for my assistant who is supposed to be here to help me.

"Was the attire too heavy? I thought of not adding it but the magazine people persisted." Kanika asked reaching my side.

"It's okay! It's just for sometime and it is so beautiful that I can't complain about the weight." I smiled and she smiled back until we both heard a throat clearing which is way too familiar to me.

"Is something going on?" I finally asked when I turned to find Prathap standing near us with a serious look.

If not for something, why would everyone gather today like this and right now in my room. They wouldn't be that careless not knowing that I have to change.

Suddenly I saw Prathap kneeling... wait... why is he kneeling before Kanika. I widened my eyes and turned to glance at Vikranth who immediately took a step to maybe stop Prathap or hit him.

"Kanika! Will you give me permission to ask Anitha's hand in marriage?" Everyone got shocked hearing those words.

"I... I don't know! Well, I saw you hurt her all this time. How can I..." I held Kanika's hand to stop her saying those words and she chuckled tapping my hand to assure me.

"Okay! You are allowed but I will not spare you if you hurt her." Kanika warned with a smile but there was seriousness in her voice.

Prathap gave her a nervous laugh and then turned towards me without standing up still kneeling down on one knee.

I heard a sound ad found Vikranth pulling Kanika away from us still carrying a frown on his face.

"Focus!" Prathap said as I smiled at Vikranth seeing his jealousy and I mumbled "Sorry!" shaking my head to clear the thoughts.

"Anitha! I wanted to do a huge proposal scene but I know if you step out everyone's eyes will be on you. It will be awkward for you. Then I thought what would be better than the place where our people are present. So, I got them to come here. I thank everyone to be here for my sake and mainly Vikranth leaving his busy schedule." Prathap said and I didn't want to say something like that they are actually not here for him so I just smiled at him.

"Will you marry me, Anitha? I will not promise to never hurt because even though I changed a lot, I am still me. However, I will promise that for an inch of hurt towards you, I would feel ten times of it for sure." He added.

"I trust you to not hurt me, Prathap. I will marry you." I said holding his hand and he sighed in relief before standing up to hug me tightly.

--------------

Two down... one more to go...

I always thought I would give a grand proposals for three of them and by the time I reached this point of the story, I realized what would be actually grand in feelings...

How is the chap?

Comment plz and vote...