Chapter 30

*Anitha Pov*

As Vikranth walked off after dropping such a bomb in my living room, I glanced at Prathap and Shrishti who are sitting there in a daze.

Then I glanced at Nitish who is already looking at me with a shocked look. I know that he knows about Vikranth liking Shrishti in the past as Kanika mentioned when he joined us to come back together.

However, what he said today is not at all something anyone could imagine. Did Kanika already know about this? I have a feeling that she really does know about this.

I traced back to Shrishti's Mom's ceremony and found how Kanika didn't move an inch from Vikranth that day and he looked so ill.

After a few minutes, I patted Prathap's knee saying, "Talk to him tomorrow after adjusting your mood."

"Did you know?" He suddenly asked glancing at me with traces of guilt in his eyes.

"What?" I asked frowning at me.

"When he talked about how he liked Shrishti but gave up because of me, I felt guilty and to calm down, I glanced at you. You didn't look shocked about that. Did Kanika already tell you?" He asked staring at me.

"I..." I didn't know how to tell him I just knew that part.

"You too!" I heard another voice and found Shrishti glancing at Nitish.

"Kanika told me when we were leaving my Grandma's place that time but..." Nitish couldn't finish as Prathap and Shrishti stared at him with wide eyes.

"She didn't tell him all this and just about Vikranth's feelings for Shrishti." I immediately added as it will look bad if they think we all know about everything regarding Vikranth which we didn't.

Nitish explained what happened that day calmly while Shrishti frowned at him hearing those words.

"From when did you know?" Prathap asked glancing at me.

"Why are you talking about this? Are you diverting your mind by finding fault with me?" I asked back without answering him.

"Tell me!" he stressed and I sighed before telling him how I guessed the day he took me to crash the plan of Shrishti's proposal to Vikranth.

"From the beginning?" He asked again in shock.

"Yes! Does it matter?" I asked frowning and took another sip realizing he is really trying to shift his mind elsewhere in this method instead of focusing on the huge shock he received.

"So, you came with us not because you wanted to start over but because you were jealous?" I closed my eyes hearing Shrishtis's words.

I am not blaming these both right now for being like this but I really want to blame them.

"It's not like that..." Nitish tried to explain and I opened my eyes to find Prathap staring at me.

"What do you want me to say? Do you expect me to share that matter with you long back?" I asked staring at him.

"Yes! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He asked and I glanced at his shaking hands.

"What would you have done? If you found it at that time, would you have stopped your actions? Don't forget you took me to crash Shrishti's plan without having complete proof that Vikranth was even dating me. You wanted to stop Shrishti somehow and it didn't matter if your guess was wrong and even brought a stranger into it." I pointed out not holding back.

"So, you think even when I knew that he liked her, I would have done something like that?" He asked with a hurt look.

"I don't know! Because I didn't know you at that time and that's all. You can't blame me for not sharing this with you. He was already married to Kanika and why would I share something like this when it is not my secret." I asked as I am hurt right now because he turned this to accuse me.