Chapter 1- Shoot Down the Angel

Present – 06:30 AM

Present – 06:30 AM

Distance to target, 292 meters.

Temperature, minus 5 degrees. Humidity, 72%. Downwind. Wind speed, 7 meters per second. As dawn approached, light snow began to fall.

Kirigiri is wearing a white coat and was crawling on the snow. The target is not visible from here, but considering the enemy's ability, she must not be careless.

"Kirigiri-chan, hand."

I took her right hand and wrapped it with both of mine. Her fingertips are almost as cold as snow.

I just warmed her fingers for a while.

"Thank you... Yui-onēsama, I'm fine already."

Kirigiri pulled her hand from mine, and returned it to the side of the gun, I stared at that hand with unease.

"—Cocking."

She gave the gun's bolt pull handle a push. The fateful bullet was fed into the chamber. Then her tiny finger squeezed the trigger. "Ready to fire."

Not Long Ago - 04:44 AM

The fire of the fireplace began to weaken, and the faces of the men gathered in the reception room were covered with dark clouds, some of them were flinching at the sound of the wind rattling the windows.

The snow was still falling.

"We don't have any more firewood. Let's try finding anything flammable so we can at least make sure that the fireplace doesn't go out."

The men stood up one after another, and began to slam the chairs they were sitting under on the ground, breaking them. The sound of destruction echoed in the villa under the quiet snowy night.

The broken pieces of wood were thrown into the stove one after another.

Meanwhile, a woman is sitting on the sofa with her knees in her arms and looking at them, as if she felt that this kind of work should be left to men. The men surrounded the fireplace, their manic figures reflected on the floor, making them even more comical in the woman's eyes.