Chapter 1- Part 8 Shoot Down the Angel

We rested for a few minutes in the company of herbal tea. To onlookers, we should look no different from all those girls chatting on campus. Next to the sniper rifle, we spent a period of time like a picnic in the countryside at a shooting range where empty bullet cartridges are scattered everywhere. This is our youth.

Then we fired a few more shots, and as the sun started to set in the west, we decided to go back.

Putting the gun in the slim case, and hanging it over my shoulder. Kirigiri and I walked side by side down the gentle slope, passing several students who has just finished their club activities along the way.

"It's like we've just finished our club activities." "...Shooting club?"

Kirigiri looked up at me and said.

"Uhhh—... to be precise, it should be the detective club, right? Oh right, should we apply to the school to recruit club members?"

"Detectives can't do this so openly."

Kirigiri said with a cute wrinkle between her brows.

"In the future, information will determine everything, and promotional campaigns can't be ignored."

"The Kirigiri family doesn't adopt this way of working at all. Even registering in the Detective Library must be avoided as much as possible."

The person who asked her to register at the Detective Library must have been Shinsen disguised as her grandfather. In principle, the detectives of the Kirigiri family, who hardly ever conduct public activities, have made a record of their activities public, which is unprecedented. But, even so, Kirigiri hasn't written off her name from the Detective Library, and it seems that she has her own reasons for it.

"I'm just using it to make a name for myself."

This is what she said, but at the end of the day, I still can't figure out whether she doesn't want her name to be known, or whether she wants her name to be known by more people. All in all, she seems to be working towards her rank zero goal.

That said, before now, I went to update my Detective Library card, and the number changed from [887] to [886]. On the one hand, I thought something must have gone wrong if even an incompetent detective like me got a '6'; on the other hand, thinking about what happened with Ryūzōji Gekka the other day, I thought it was normal for the number to decrease a little. I checked my file, and the 'Libra Girls' Academy' case was listed as one that I solved. The other cases were each recorded in the files of the detectives who were directly involved in the cases.

Incidentally, Kirigiri jumped over a rank from [917] to [915]. The files also included her solving the 'Takeda Haunted Mansion' and the 'Twins Ability Development Institute' cases.

Numerically speaking, Kirigiri has finally overtaken me, but it's only natural, and I'm happy for her.

With a rank of '5', this number is already enough to make her peers treat her differently. But I think Kirigiri's strength doesn't end there, she is also not that far from the glorious '0'.

We reached the dormitory when the row of streetlights outside the school walls came on.

I entered my dorm room with Kirigiri.

Kirigiri started living in my dorm room a few days ago.

When she first arrived in the dormitory, the unfamiliar dormitory life made her quite confused. However, it wasn't because she was wary or nervous. it was more like a noble princess who had mistakenly entered the life of the common people. When I think about it, she was originally born in a family with servants, and has been living in various hotels since she gained consciousness. So even if she can adapt to living in an unfamiliar place, it must be difficult for her to get used to the humble environment.