Chapter 3 Part 3 Farewell, My Sweetheart

Mikagami rushed out of the room and followed the mirror passage to the entrance in the opposite direction

Mikagami rushed out of the room and followed the mirror passage to the entrance in the opposite direction. He quickly reached the entrance.

It's a heavy-looking double door, and it could not be opened since it's locked from the inside. He turned the knob to unlock the door. Perhaps the attackers are lying in ambush outside. Mikagami carefully opened a crack in the door.

At first glance, there are no footprints on the snow. It seems that no one has ever gone out from here. In other words— one might say that this 'Mirror House' is a locked room. Mikagami turned around and planned to go back to the decagon- shaped room.

Suddenly—

A white shadow appeared in front of him. 'Throwing Knife'!

She is still alive.

She held a knife in her hand and raised it high up. Mikagami quickly dodged, and at the same time took off his tie and wrapped it around the woman's right hand to tie her up.

However, the woman's left hand was still free to move. The knife swept across Mikagami's neck. He heard the sound of blood splashing against the wall. Mikagami stepped back without hesitation, pushed open the door with his back, and rushed outside.

Although there was no other choice— This action was a mistake.

'M4s' from an unknown direction opened fire at Mikagami.

Mikagami felt as if his body was being pierced by red-hot iron rods.

The pure white snow was dyed bright red. He is not in the kaleidoscope at this moment, yet his vision began to distort and flicker with light flashes.

His detective life did not last for long.

Was that 'mostly true prediction' still correct...

Such a thought sprang up from some corner in Mikagami's blurred consciousness. He stumbled toward the center of the amusement park... and fell.

Though we decided to ignore the 'Black Challenge', we didn't know when something could happen, Kirigiri and I asked for a leave of absence from school and waited until noon in the cafeteria of the dormitory.

Lunch was sandwiches and coffee bought from the convenience store. As long as we can persist like this for a week, we will be able to get through this difficult time.

As for the unsuccessful battle between us and Johnny, we will leave that for later.

"We have the same interests in being hostile to the committee. Maybe it is not unfeasible for us to form a unified front with team Lico."

I said to myself as I stared blankly at the TV in the cafeteria.

Kirigiri glanced at me and said nothing. She has been reading a Bunkobook for a while, a mystery novel I lent her.