Chapter 4- Life is what you make it

The next day, at 10 AM

Kirigiri and I took the train to the University Hospital. The sofas in the waiting room are full of people waiting to be called.

We requested at the front desk to visit a patient in the general ward.

"May I ask the name of the inpatient..."

I replied that it's Mikagami Rei, and they said that there is no such patient.

"Eh, but..."

"Yui-onēsama."

Kirigiri tugged at the hem of my jacket, and she wordlessly turned her eyes to the sofa in the waiting room.

The ever pretentious Rei is sitting there.

He probably thinks that he has integrated himself with his surroundings, but his special aura is still hard to ignore.

We left the reception desk and walked towards him. "Lico, are you ready to be discharged?"

I greeted him and he shrugged. "Either way, let's get out of here first."

He said, stood up, put his jacket on his arm as usual, and left the hospital by himself.

We followed him.

We came to the park next to the hospital and sat side by side on a bench.

The residual snow in the shade of the trees is melting slowly under the soft sunlight of winter. Elderly people who look like hospitalized patients are walking in the park accompanied by nurses, and children are having snowball fights.

"We've brought you some stuff for our visit." I rummaged through the paper bag. "Let's see... flowers, disentanglement puzzles, middle school textbooks, some space books..."

"I snuck out of the hospital because I'm in a complicated position." Lico said with a bitter smile. "Like, for example, certain institutions in certain countries, or certain mafia groups..."

"Right... you're a rare character being hunted by all sorts of people. Are your wounds okay?"

The bandage wrapped around his neck looks heart-wrenching. The other parts that have been treated are hidden under his clothes and I couldn't see them, so at first glance it seemed that there is no problem, but his face still does not look good.

Although it's a compulsion... after suffering such a serious injury, he slipped out of the hospital after one night, which was really unreasonable.

"The wounds will heal eventually, although it still hurts. And I feel a little dizzy because of the loss of blood. Yui-san, can you let me suck some blood off your neck?"

"Blood transfusion is fine, but not blood sucking."

I wrapped my scarf around my neck.

Lico smiled calmly, staring at Kirigiri who is sitting next to him. "Kirigiri-san, you have an angry look."