Chapter 3 Part 6 Farewell, My Sweetheart

On closer look, there is a small hole on the blackboard, and it seems that the camera is filming the interior through this small hole.

"What on earth... is this?"

"I'll tell you soon. Let's go to the next room." We opened the door and walked out.

The small room is set up with a counter and shelves. I think it was a shop before. We hid in a small corner and leaned our heads together.

"Yui-onēsama, you asked me before what would happen if Johnny Arp didn't escape into the 'Mirror House', and I pondered that question for a moment.

"Yeah."

"Even if he didn't escape into the 'Mirror House', let's say, he escaped into the building where this office is located... Even then, he would still have been sniped."

"The reason is this camera, that's what 'TAC50' set up to confirm the location of the target, right?"

"Yes, in other words, 'TAC50' has cameras set up everywhere, no matter where the target goes, he will be sniped from wherever they are."

"Is there really... such a place?"

"Considering the trajectory of the 'Mirror House', there is no doubt that the bullet was fired from a high place. However, there is no such a high place around where this sniping is possible."

"Kirigiri-chan, does that mean you have already thought of where the sniper is?"

"Yes."

"N-no way, when did you..."

"There was a hint in the amusement park. Once you factor in that hint, and superimpose one fact after another, the answer will come out naturally."

Johnny was sniped from high above through a small hole in the ceiling.

Following the presumed line of fire, there is no high place around where you can snipe.

The sniper set up cameras around to confirm the location of the target.

"...I can't figure it out. Is it possible that they were circling around in a helicopter and sniping from there?"

"That's an interesting idea, but we didn't see or hear any helicopters."

"Then from higher altitude, around 8,000 meters..."

"At that distance, it is impossible for a 12.7mm bullet to hit the target's head accurately in the first place."

"Sorry, I was rambling." I pouted. "But there is no sniping position located at that high of a place anywhere. This fact cannot be changed, right?"

"Yes, it can't be changed, so we have to think from another point of view."

"Another point of view... Speaking of points of view, the sniper deliberately set up cameras to confirm the location of the target, that means, the target cannot be seen through the scope or the naked eye from the position of the sniper... is that right?"

"That's right."

"This is strange. Since the target cannot be seen from the sniper's position, how did they let the bullet hit the target? Bullets can only fly in a straight line, so the target must be located in a position that can be seen on that straight line..."

After I said this, it dawned on me all of a sudden.

Bullets fly in straight lines?

When we were training, I clearly witnessed it many times...

Bullets fly in a straight line, but that's only in concept. In reality, wind, air resistance, gravity, and other factors cause bullets to sway up, down, left, and right in a significant way.