Chapter 1- Part 6 Shoot Down the Angel

"Kirigiri-chan, let's not take his offer!"

"Our victory condition is—" Johnny continued, ignoring my words. "Successful counter-sniping, counter-sniping means eliminating the enemy sniper. Oh, but don't be so afraid, sweetheart. Like I said just now, in the end, we are on your side, and we don't care what the committee thinks. We just want to play a fun game. So, we're not going to kill our opponents in the game."

"Then..."

"If I hit one of Kirigiri's ribbons, then we'll count it as a round win for us."

The purple ribbons, only a few centimeters wide, are hanging just behind her ears.

Can he shoot it with a bullet the size of a pinky fingernail from 200 meters away?

How can anyone do that?

No, if he can really do it, then I hope he can hit. If the bullet misses the target even slightly, it will graze the head. If it's a bad shot, it can even hit the head directly.

"We don't need to play such a dangerous game with them! Kirigiri-chan!"

"It might be a game for them, but for those who are involved in the murder case, it's a matter of life and death."

"That's true but..."

"It's the detective's job to solve the case." Kirigiri flipped the hair on her face. "That's reason enough to fight."

She said it as a matter of fact.

However, I knew that behind her frozen expression, there is a passion that burns like fire.

The reason to fight—

For her, who was born as a detective, responding to cases is the same as living. As long as the case exists, that is a reason to fight, nothing else is needed.

Indeed, maybe that has been the case so far.

But she lost too much while fighting the committee. The victims of the cases, as well as fellow detectives, and family members...

I am sure she would not admit it, but I believe that for her, there is no longer that single reason to fight, but also regret and anger for what she has lost, with mourning and redemption for what has been lost. and she will never show these feelings.

"I'm done explaining the rules." Johnny put his palms down on the table. "By the way, I forgot to mention one thing. There are three sets of three-colored bullets here, a total of nine. I'm sure you can

figure out from this that the sniper battle will be decided in three rounds. Like a tennis match, Whoever wins two rounds first wins."

"If we win, you will give us the information about Mikado, right?" "Yes."

"What if we lose?"

"It's not in the cowgirl style to think about losing before she even starts the game."

"I'm not a cowgirl. If we lose, what are you going to ask for?"

"I have no demands." Johnny shrugged exaggeratedly. "I guess you still don't understand. I don't want money, medals, or awards, not to mention your lives, your future, or your hopes. I don't want any of that, I just want to have fun playing games."

"Hmmm—......" I groaned.

Johnny Arp is quite a difficult person to deal with. It would have been easier to understand if he attacked us with undisguised malice and hostility, but now I can only see that his motive really seems to be to have a good time. The reason why he chose the 'Black Challenge' as the stage of the game is just to use the case as a bait to hook Kirigiri. As long as it is for his own pleasure, he can sell out the committee, not only that, he will even sell out his boss.