Chapter 3: Meeting at Renzin Castle

Kyle walked through the castle corridors, with Pix 74 and Zinka 42 leading the way. There was another checkpoint that halted their progress. Pix 74 spoke with the guard and he granted them clearance into the inner courts, where the royal residence sat just a short distance away.

Just ahead was a drawbridge which overlooked a large moat. The drawbridge led to a grand portcullis. Just past the portcullis were the grand double doors that went to the chambers of the royal family of Renzin. Sentries were posted before and after the drawbridge. More were posted on both sides of the portcullis with the remaining two posted, guarding the double doors on either side.

"No aliens are permitted beyond this point." Pix 74 told Kyle. I will speak to all the guards to grant us permission into the castle. From there, you will wait at the entrance while I seek permission to have an audience with the king. You wait here with Zinka 42."

Pix 74 proceeded forward, speaking to all the sentries before being granted permission to proceed forward. He spoke to the sentry by the portcullis and the other one raised it up to let him pass through. After Pix 74 was in, he lowered the portcullis back down.

Kyle's eyes raced all over the place. He only hoped that by looking at the guards he didn't do anything wrong. "This place is very secure!"

"It has to be." Zinka 42 told him. "Beyond those double doors are where the royal family of Renzin dwell. Their living chambers are there, as well as the throne room."

Another sentry walked forward, glancing at both Kyle and Zinka 42. He walked past all the checkpoints and spoke to the sentry by the double doors. He then came back to where Kyle and Zinka 42 were standing before the drawbridge.

"Pix 74 told us about your situation." The sentry announced. "I will escort you to the double doors. Follow me!"

Both Kyle and Zinka 42 carefully followed the sentry over the drawbridge, with Kyle being the most careful. The sentry past the portcullis raised it and the three of them proceeded through. The portcullis was swiftly lowered after they were inside. Pix 74 was waiting there with the two sentries on either side of the grand double doors.

Kyle glanced up at the double doors. Each door looked to be at least 40-50 feet tall, he guessed. Each door had a large ringed handle made of polished bronze.

Both sentries exchanged glances and pierced their gazes at the party of three. To Kyle, they looked very intimidating. The heavy armor combined with masked helmets and grand swords made him quiver with fear and excitement at the same time.

"We will let you all through on one condition." The left sentry boomed. "After we let you all in, the alien waits at the entrance until further orders are made."

"Agreed." Pix 74 said, nodding.

"You said that you wanted an audience with the king, right?" The right sentry repeated to Pix 74.

"Yes." He said. "I already told you that."

"The guard inside will have to watch the alien until you seek permission from the king. As you already know, we are very wary of outsiders, and will not let them out of our sight. Do I make myself clear?"

"Very clear, sir." Pix 74 said, saluting him.

The sentry that escorted them nodded. "Let them in!"

Both sentries by the double doors grabbed the large ringed handles and each gave a swift tug until both doors were completely open. Kyle followed Pix 74 and Zinka 42 into the castle and the double doors were immediately shut.

Kyle was in awe when he saw the lavish interior of Renzin Castle. The carpeting that marked the walkways are in purple, red and white linens. The flooring was made of pure marble and the pillars were made of ivory. Guards all stood at the entrance of each narrow corridor. A large golden creature stood at the center of the four ivory pillars in the grand entrance of the room.