Chapter 4: A Long Quest

Kyle was ecstatic as he followed Pix 74 and Zinka 42 down the grand hallway. As the company of three reached the end of the hallway, they were stopped by two guards.

"Halt!" The guard shouted. "Are you the three that the king was talking about?"

They all nodded.

"We just received some orders from him." The other one said. "We are to escort you all to the loading dock. The engineers are working on the Zinkez 7546 Enterprise. It is being refueled as we speak. It should be ready by the time that you get there."

Pix 74 nodded. "Good. Take us to the ship!"

Both guards nodded and escorted them through the hallway. When they got to the rotunda, they headed east. This led to the knight's barracks and a few other military facilities. The loading dock was one of them.

They continued east through the rotunda and it brought them through a narrow hallway. From there, it brought them outside to the courtyard. They walked past the knight's barracks to a larger building. It resembled a hangar which extended out as far as Kyle could see. They all followed the two guards into this hangar. This was the loading dock.

Once inside, they saw various different ships. Most of them were docked with a few of them undergoing repairs. Kyle could smell the burning steel and could hear the welding and the sound of various machinery.

When they got to loading dock 84, the two guards stopped.

"This is where your ship is," The one guard told them. "The chief engineer will take it from here. Good luck on your journey!"

Both guards swiftly left.

Someone with a beard was yielding a blowtorch, and was welding a part of their ship. Seconds later, he turned off the torch and flipped back his visor. He glanced at them with a smile of satisfaction.

Pix 74 gave him a quick glance. "Drex 200, I presume?"

Drex 200 reached into his pocket and pulled out his thick wire-framed glasses. He put them on and nodded. "The one and only! Are you all the adventurers?"

Everyone nodded.

"Then feast your eyes on this! Behold, the Zinkez 7546 Enterprise is ready to go! Just installed the latest weaponry and topped off your fuel. I also closed up all the dents and fixed the little air holes!"

"Air holes?" Kyle said, shrugging.

"You can't have any holes in your ship if you're traveling into outer space! The food machine is all fixed and restocked, all the interiors are polished and waxed and the linens in all the bedrooms are changed. There's reserve fuel in the storage hold and I just finished polishing the entire exterior before you arrived!"

"What about the welding?" Zinka 42 asked him.

"Oh that?" Drex 200 laughed. "I found one more spot that I needed to fix. That should be it!"

"So we're good to go?" Pix 74 asked him.

"Good as wood!" Drex 200 shouted. "Let's go!"

"You're coming?" Zinka 42 asked.

"I forgot to tell you! The king wanted me to accompany you as your personal engineer! Don't worry about the others. There are plenty of good engineers here at the castle. All of them trained by the best!" Drex 200 pointed to himself.

"Let's go!" Kyle shouted.

Drex 200 approached me and smiled. "I like this guy! Everyone! Stand on the platform!"

Pix 74, Zinka 42, and Kyle stood on the platform, with Drex 200 standing on it last. Drex 200 pushed a button on a remote and the platform ascended upward towards the ship.