Chapter 9: The Poq Rez

Zoria 1000 sat up on the hospital bed, still flashing from the bright healing light that flowed through her body.

She stood up and unhooked the IV.

The nurse ran up and placed her hand on Zoria 1000's wrist. "No dear." She told her. "You are still badly hurt..."

Zoria 1000 boldly shook her head. "I actually feel better than ever! Now excuse me, I am looking for Kyle. Could you please take me to him? If you won't, I will look for him myself..."

"That other badly wounded boy?" she gasped. "He's in another ward under intensive care. He was much more badly damaged than you were. He's paralyzed from the waist down..."

Zoria 1000 gripped the cuff of the nurse's gown. "Take me to him now..."

The nurse frowned. "Please? It does seem like he means a lot to you so right this way, dear..."

The nurse hurriedly guided Zoria 1000 to the ward where Kyle was being operated on. As she thought of Kyle, she did everything in her power to fight back the tears. A steady stream of tears began running down her cheeks. Kyle better be okay. This,she hoped with all of her might.

***

"Wake up, Kyle!"

Kyle opened his eyes. Everything was a blurred mixture of colors. He could see a figure standing next to him. He then felt a cord and heard a series of beeps coming from nearby.

"He's still in a lot of trauma. It might be best not to bother him."

Kyle then felt a sudden surge of pain return to him. It was mainly from his arms and his head. His vision focused and he saw the figure that was staring at him. It was Zoria 1000. A nurse was standing beside her.

The nurse motioned Zoria 1000 away. "Please. Let him rest. He'll get better if you do."

"It's fine!" Kyle spoke up.

The nurse gasped. "Are you sure? You need to focus on your recovery."

Kyle smiled as he stared at Zoria 1000. "It's fine. Just let me see her."

The nurse looked at Zoria 1000 and nodded. "You can see him for a few minutes. After that, he needs to rest. He is badly injured and it will take him a long time to recover."

A faint light blue glow started to flash in Zoria 1000's hand. A long time, huh? She smiled as she stared at Kyle. We'll see...

She reached her arms around Kyle's right side and embraced him. "Does it hurt?"

Kyle nodded. As he was held in Zoria 1000's embrace, he felt a strong infatuation. He strained in his bed and let out a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?" Zoria 1000 was stroking both of his sides.

"I can't move my legs."

Zoria 1000 nodded, wiping a tear from her eye. "The nurse told me that. You are paralyzed."

Kyle shook his head. "No I'm not! I can move my legs!" Kyle tried harder. His legs remained still.

Zoria 1000 nodded. "I believe you! And I don't want you in this bed anymore!" Her hands began to flash, fully illuminated in a light blue.

The nurse glanced at Zoria 1000 and gasped. "No magic! Only doctors are allowed to use magic on patients!"

But Zoria 1000 glanced at the nurse, her entire body now flashing with a light blue aura. "Don't tell me that! Kyle, you're going to be well. Let's go!"

And before the nurse could even stop Zoria 1000, she concentrated all of the light blue aura into her hands and pressed them around Kyle's chest. The light flowed out of her hands and into Kyle, filling him with a glowing light blue aura.