Chapter 6: A Magical Time

"Wake up Kyle!"

Kyle rubbed his eyes and picked the sleep out of them. He then stretched his arms and yawned. "Huh? Who's there? Oh. It's you, Pix 74? What is it?"

Pix 74 pointed to a little girl with her head sticking out of the covers. She was still fast asleep. "Who is that little toddler?" he whispered. "How did she get here?"

Kyle glanced at the little girl and gasped. He pulled back the covers and saw that she was wearing an otherworldly looking blanket sleeper, with padded feet. "She's Zoria 1000 but something's wrong!"

Pix 74 shot Kyle a double take. "What do you mean?"
"This girl came onto this ship last night." He explained. "When I first saw her, she was not that young at all. She was 13 years old, the same age as me! And now she's just a little toddler? I don't understand."

Zoria 1000 pulled back the covers in her sleep. She let out a contented sigh and smacked her lips. She then woke up, letting out an extended yawn. She sat up, glanced at both her hands and gasped. "What?! Why am I...So young?" She immediately thought of what she dreamt about. "Stupid dream!"

Kyle glanced at her, looking quite perplexed. "Stupid dream? What happened?"

Zoria 1000's little face turned red. "I'll tell you later! I need to fall back asleep!" She used a powerful sleep spell on herself and fell into a deep sleep.

Pix 74 shrugged his shoulders. "So she came on the ship last night?"

Kyle nodded. "She woke me up in the middle of the night and started talking to me. I'll share more of that story later."

"Okay." Pix 74 glanced around the room, trying to collect his thoughts. "Ah yes! Before I forget! If you're hungry, you should try out the food machine! It dispenses food and it will cook it for you!"

"Where's Zinka 42?"

"She's trying it out herself. Why don't you two come down and have breakfast with us? We even have something for that little toddler..."

"Zoria 1000." Kyle told him. "Her name is Zoria 1000."

"Okay. Zoria 1000. How old is she? Two, three?"

"13," Kyle said impatiently.

"Well, she doesn't look 13 to me." Pix 74 said, sighing. "Come on down when you're ready, okay?"

Kyle glanced over at Zoria 1000 and nodded. "Okay!"

Pix 74 left the room and closed the door.

Kyle kneeled by the bed and glanced at Zoria 1000. Just overnight, she transformed from a beautiful young teenager to a little toddler. Why? What could've caused this mysterious change? From what Zoria 1000 told him, Kyle knew that she was a sorceress. Is this what sorceresses normally deal with? Kyle didn't know.

Suddenly, on the bed Zoria 1000 flashed brightly and became a flashing silhouette. The flashing silhouette grew. Her hair grew longer, as well as her arms, legs, and hands. The flashing silhouette vanished. And she was still fast asleep.

Kyle glanced over at Zoria 1000 and gasped. He then glanced at the door to his room. Breakfast was waiting and she wasn't stirring. Time to wake her up... "Wake up, Zoria 1000!" He sang.

Zoria 1000 stretched and yawned. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. "Good." She yawned, glancing at her hands. "It worked." She then glanced at Kyle. Her face lit up and she smiled. "Good morning, Kyle!" She patted the empty side of the bed, motioning Kyle to sit next to her. Kyle got up from kneeling and sat beside her.

"So..." Kyle said, staring at her eyes. "Why were you a toddler?"

Zoria 1000's face became red. "W-why should you know? This is real private and personal!" She stared away from Kyle. "It's embarrassing. You wouldn't understand."