Back in Action

Location: Miyashiro Prefectual Sugisawa Third High School, Japan

Time: Night

It was nighttime, but there was no stars in sight, and the moon wasn't present either. The wind was slow but cool, bringing a feeling of calm to the skin.

Inside a compound that was fenced with steel walls resided a large stone pillar that easily towered up to 20feet in the air. The sound of footsteps could be heard for a few seconds before they came to a stop. In front of a small wooden cabinet was Megumi and Ben,both teens having a neutral expression on their faces.

"They kept one of those cursed objects in a place like this?" Asked Ben with mild disbelief.

"It would seem so. It's pretty stupid too, keeping it in somewhere so poorly protected." Said Megumi dryly.

"I guess. Though when you look at the bright side,it just made our job easier." Said Ben with an optimistic tone.

"Perhaps." Said Megumi as he walked forward. He then removed the hook covering the cabinet, and opened the two doors.

"Something wrong?" Asked Ben, noticing that Megumi had suddenly froze.

"It's not here." Said Megumi with a tone of worry.

"Oh man." Said Ben with similar worry. He looked above the cabinet, but saw nothing there.

"Help me look around." Said Megumi.

"Right." Obliged Ben as both he and Megumi began searching around the compound in hopes of finding what brought them to the compound. After a few minutes passed,both teens conceded defeat,as their efforts proved futile.

"There's nothing here." Said Megumi with a tone of annoyance. He had placed a black phone on his ear, indicating that he was calling someone. Ben stood beside him with his arms crossed. By doing so,it could be seen that Megumi was an inch taller than Ben.

(A/N: Fushiguro is stated to be 5'9, so Ben being an inch shorter means that he's 5'8.)

"Huh?" Said the voice of Satoru over the phone, indicating that he was the one that Megumi called.

"The Stevenson screen's empty." Replied Megumi.

"For real? That's hilarious!" Said Satoru with amusement in his voice.

"Maybe it took a nighttime stroll." Joked Satoru.

"I'll punch you." Threatened Megumi.

"Well,no going home until it's recovered, okay?" Said Satoru playfully. He then cut the call.

"I'm seriously going to punch him next time." Said Megumi.

"Hey, when you do, save some for me. I just met the guy today and he's already gotten on my nerves more than once." Said Ben with a small frown.

"Hmm, I'll keep you in mind." Said Megumi dryly. As he put his phone back in his pocket,he turned to his back and looked at the empty cabinet.

"This is going to be such a drag." Began Megumi with a sigh. He then turned his head slightly to Ben.

"I don't suppose your powers can help us track the cursed object faster, can they?" Asked Megumi.

"Nope. And from what I've come to understand about curses from Gojo, not just anyone can see them." Replied Ben.

"Huh? You're telling me you can't see curses?" Asked Megumi.

"Not really." Said Ben with a shrug.

"Then how do you have powers?" Asked Megumi, now turning to face him completely with his hands in his pocket.