Stepping Into the Light

It was nighttime. The moonlight illuminated the terrain and thus made for an overall sense of tranquility. The setting is that of a highway, and only one vehicle was present; a black car. At the drivers seat was Kiyotaka, and at the passengers seat to the right was Satoru.

"We have a bit of time before your appointment with the principal. Did you want to stop anywhere?" Asked Kiyotaka.

"It's fine. I'll show up early for a change." Said Satoru as his right elbow was placed on the windowsill due to him crossing his hands. Satoru then proceeded to lean his head slightly on the window,as if trying to hear something.

"Stop the car." Said Satoru.

"Huh? Right here?" Said Kiyotaka in surprise. Satoru remained silent, thus giving Kiyotaka the confirmation he needed to reply with the request.

Satoru now stood outside of the car with his hands in his pockets. Kiyotaka parked with the car's engine still on as well as the headlights, in case he was required to follow any more instructions.

"Go on ahead." Said Satoru.

"Huh?A-Are you testing me? You're not going to hit me if I actually go on ahead,are you?" Asked Kiyotaka with worry.

"Just who do you think I am?" Said Satoru in a low but threatening tone, causing Kiyotaka to gasp in shock.

"In that case..." Said Kiyotaka nervously right before driving off. Satoru looked at the direction in which he drove off to. Still keeping his hands in his pockets, Satoru stood on the main road in an expectant manner.

"Now..." Said Satoru. Suddenly a being shrouded in darkness was seen hovering above him. With a maniacal shriek, the being landed on the ground where Satoru once stood with a heavy thud,causing the concrete to crack.

Still levitating off the ground due to jumping back, Satoru got a clearer look of his attacker. It was a cursed spirit,as it's features were inhuman.

It had a single, glowing red eye in the center of it's face and black teeth. The upper half of it's head resembles a volcano, which was complemented with it's hole-like ears. Said ears were filled in with corks. It also wore a green layer with black spots over a black outfit. It's hunchback posture gave it the image of an elderly man.

"Who...Are you?" Asked Satoru. Though the identify of the curse was a mystery to him, it's intentions to harm him were unquestionable.

It would soon learn however,that this was a grave mistake...

The past few hours had been some of the most complex for our teenage hero,Ben Tennyson. He hadn't felt this confused since he first got the source of his powers, the Omnitrix,six years ago.

His newly found ability was one so distant to him,yet so familiar. One that for the longest time,he had believed he could never achieve.

Standing in the middle of the room of the basement where himself and Yuji were taking residence in currently. Both were dressed in their casual attire from earlier on in the day, with Ben now wearing his jacket as well. Ben had closed his eyes and clenched his fists.

His demeanor showed that he was in deep concentration. An admirable feat considering that his friend and teammate,Yuji was sitting across the room on the couch watching a movie with the now sleeping doll held gently in his hands. This showed that Yuji had made progress with his training.

Taking in deep breaths through his nose in order to strengthen his concentration, Ben's efforts would be rewarded by the pink aura from before enveloping his hands from his wrists to his fingers. Once he opened his eyes, and saw the outcome of his concentration,Ben nodded in approval before taking in a deep breath with his mouth.