Aftershock

The two teens would continue to look at the remains of the special grade being reduced to ashes by the purple flames that engulfed it. Whereas Yuji bore a look of amazement and pride over their triumph, Chromastone bore a look of curiosity as he was quite uncertain about the details that led to their victory.

'I know Chromastone can dish out energy blasts far stronger than when it was absorbed, but part of me still thought that all it would do was weaken it. Either Chromastone is my new ace against curses,or there's a lot I don't yet understand about them.' Thought Chromastone as he looked at what was once the cursed spirit, now reduced to a small flame ember which eventually died out.

However, what Chromastone saw in the place of the extinguished flame caused his single eye to widen in surprise,as it was none other than a finger of Sukuna, placed gently on the floor.

"Would you look at that? A souvenir." Said Chromastone jokingly as Yuji also looked at the finger with surprise..

"The finger was inside that thing? How?" Asked a bewildered Yuji.

"Don't know." Began Chromastone as he picked it off the ground with his left hand.

"Though my guees is that it was probably as tough as it was to beat since it ate it." Yuji blinked in confusion.

"Uh y-yeah, that could have been it." Said a slightly reluctant Yuji.

"Well whatever it was,we need to take it back to Jujutsu Tech." Said Chromastone.

"Right." Said Yuji, causing Chromastone to nod in approval. He then offered the finger to Yuji.

"Huh?" Asked a confused Yuji.

"You hold it for now. I don't exactly have any pockets as Chromastone." Said Chromastone.

"O-Ok." Said Yuji slightly stammering before accepting the finger with his left hand and putting it inside his left pocket.

"Now, how about we get out of here?" Asked Chromastone,to which Yuji nodded in response. Chromastone then wrapped his right hand around Yuji's waist before levitating off the ground, and proceeding fly several feet into the air before flying through the hole in the wall they made from above.

As both boys had now returned to the room where they first encountered the curse, Chromastone gently dropped Yuji to the ground before landing on the ground gently as well.

"Alright, we're back where we started. Now, there's just one more order of business." Said Chromastone as he looked around the room.

"Finding the remaining potential hostages?" Asked Yuji.

"No." Said Chromastone.

"Huh?" Asked a confused Yuji.

"There are no hostages, Itadori. They're probably all dead." Said Chromastone gravely, causing Yuji's eyes to widen in shock.

"And if I'm not mistaken..." Chromastone then pointed towards the corpse of Tadashi and the skeleton beside him.

"... Those are the only ones who's bodies weren't rendered to dust." Said Chromastone.

"How can you be so sure?" Asked Yuji.

"Right behind you..." Began Chromastone as he pointed to the back of Yuji. Once both boys turned to look at what Chromastone was pointing at, Yuji's eyes widened in shock. There was a very shallow pool of blood that had dried up due to a rather scorch mark on the ground it was on.

"Those scorch marks probably mean that the last person was burned to death, without a single trace." Yuji then grit his teeth and clenched his left fist in frustration.