Announcement; Side Stories?!

This will be deleted soon, so be sure to read it before then.

Announcement: Side Stories?!

Part 1: Where I've been?

Hey everyone, Shinobi360 here, hope you're all doing well. Got something special for you all in store today, though unfortunately, it's not a new chapter, or a release date for a new chapter, which I apologize for considering how long it's been since "Ultimate Kaisen" was last updated.

If you're looking for a concrete reason as yo why that is, it's due to two factors.

A) Shifted focus to new/ existing story projects.

B) Unexpected circumstances in my personal life that have taken priority over Fanfiction.

A/N: (These reasons also extend to all my dormant stories)

So though i do hope you all won't have to wait much longer until Chapter 18 is released, i have considered what if i could make that wait shorter somehow in a way that can keep you all invested with the story, particularly the characters and their relationships.

Part 2: Writing Side Stories?

I got this idea from reading the first two chapters of the first Jujutsu Kaisen light novel "Soaring Summer and Returning Autumn". The first chapter especially was a really fun slice of life read that, when I put it into context with both how long the events of the canon JJK story has gone on in universe along with the plot structure of Ultimate Kaisen, it got me thinking.

"Can i do short stories too? Ones that are purely just for fun, and don't have much impact on the overarching plot?"

And after thinking about it a bit more, along with sharing the idea with a friend who showed his full support (Shout-out to Rowletts and Oshawollts), i came to the conclusion that...

Yes...Yes i can.

And of course,if i was to do this, it'd only be right if I clued you all on in on what this would be all about and what this means for Ultimate Kaisen.

First off, just like i said above, this would be short stories that aren't necessarily part of the overachieving plot mainly meant to serve as slice of life (Though there could be some action, drama and suspense along the way to name a few). These will be published as chapters of Ultimate Kaisen.

Secondly, the short stories would mainly focus on Ben and JJK characters that he has already met up to Chapter 17. So the likes of Junpei and the Kyoto Students outside of Todo and Mai won't be featured in these stories. (Though, neither would Todo and Mai tbh since the Goodwill festival hasn't happened yet)

Thirdly, Word count per chapter will vary greatly depending on a variety of factors such as what story is being told, the ideas i have, the update schedule I'm trying to maintain,etc.

Fourthly, chapters can also be co-written with friends and suggestions for chapter premises can be shared by you guys,of which if it's doable,it will be considered and perhaps made.

And finally, this is by no means a replacement for the chapters that will continue the canon story of "Ultimate Kaisen". Those will very much still happen. You could also think of this as harmless filler.

I don't have a specific idea for how many chapters of this I'll do before Chapter 18 proper is done, but i am currently sitting around 3-5 chapters for now.

But one thing is sure, your enthusiasm for this project will play a huge factor in both it's execution and potential success or failure. So although i would definitely be happy if you're all onboard with this, do feel free to share your honest thoughts, but please,be constructive with whatever criticism you may have, don't resort to flaming.

With all that said, there's just one more order of business.

Part 3: What's the Title?

As simple as that sounds, i do believe that we could probably come up with something more exciting for the title than "Side Stories:(Insert Chapter Title Here)

So I'll name some suggestions i thought of. If you are leaving a review in support of this overall idea, please also share which name you prefer,or any names you yourself come up with.

1) Tales of the First Years.

2) Sorcerer Side Stories.

3) Ultimate Kaisen Shorts.

4) Ultimate Kaisen Gaiden.

Also, with the inclusion of the fourth name, you all can also choose to say whether or not you want this side story to published as a completely seperate story from "Ultimate Kaisen". Though note, if you are in support of that, the name automatically becomes the fourth option, and it will only receive substantial chapter updates depending on how much support it gets.

Nonetheless, irregardless of how this plays out,it goes without saying that my gratitude for the support you've shown "Ultimate Kaisen" is immense and greatly appreciated. I only hope i can show that gratitude more by writing and publishing new chapters until the story reaches a satisfactory conclusion within a realistic and admirable time frame.

I also may or may not publish the first chapter of the side stories within this week depending on how things go.

But until then, please, have yourselves a good one.

A/N: Just as like a small show of acknowledgment and appreciation for the support "Ultimate Kaisen" has received, here's a fanart done by a good friend of mine; MiniTennyson a while back.

Along with one potential cover and one mock cover I did.

Though this third one, you might see the fully realized version sometime soon depending on how things go

If you feel like sharing fanart of Ultimate Kaisen, no matter how small, feel free to, and I'll be sure to post it alongside each new chapter it receives.

Thanks once again!