CHAPTER 3- AT THE SINGHS'

Not proofread.
I expect the same response as I got earlier in this story.

Neeti Singh was sitting on the couch with her eyes fixed on the TV screen as usual. She heard the door bell and looked at the time, it would be her daughter on the door.

The doorbell rung the second, then third, then fourth time. Neeti sighed and kept remote down after switching off the TV.

"Aaj shayad nahi manne wali yeh," She said as she made her way towards the door.

She was about to charge on Karishma as soon as she opened the door, but her lips stuck at their spot, she felt fixated when she saw the great Haseena Mallik, the billionaire and her mother along with Karishma.

She could recognize that face anywhere, how could she not. This face was just famous everywhere all over India, her industries were one of most respected ones. The situation was so that right now, people could do anything to get their daughters or sons marry to Haseena.

Haseena bent down to touch her feet, but Neeti held her shoulders before she could. "Tum toh Karishma ke thaane ki—" She did not know how to put it.

"Ji, hamari thana prabhari, Haseena Mallik aur yeh unki Ammi," Karishma introduced.

"Are kon nahi jaanta inhe," Neeti greeted them with a smile as all in her mind which was roaming were stacks of money.

"Aao aao andar aao," She asked all of them to come in with a smile and immediately went in the kitchen to get some snacks.

"Are Ammi, Maddam Sir, aap sofe pe bethiye na. Khade kyu hain" Karishma asked to sit like a good host.

"Aap dono chinta mat kijiye. Jab tak chahe tab tak yahan rahiye" Karishma said.

Ammi was looking around, admiring the beautiful home. It was a two story house with steps inbuilt. She could somewhat see the kitchen and it looked well arranged. "Are yeh diwar pe painting achi hain," Ammi said looking at one of the paintings on the wall, it was of a waterfall which looked quite beautiful. Karishma heard the compliment and smiled.

Ammi stood up and went towards the painting to examine it. The colours so complimented each other so well, the colour the artist chose for water, for the impressions. Her gaze fell on the artist's name below the painting, "Kar...ish...ma" She read out vaguely.

Haseena's eyes shot up in surprise. She looked at Karishma who was herself looking down at her feet. Haseena never expected this from Karishma, she was getting shocks upon shocks today.

She was only staring at Karishma when she saw Ammi approaching her, "yeh painting tumne banayi hain?" Ammi asked Karishma.

"Ji, kabhi kabar samay milta hain toh bana lete hain chota mota kuch," Karishma said making an eye contact with Ammi.

Hmm... So the might be future wife of Haseena is artistic too.

"Kaafi achi banayi hain, humein pata nahi tha aap itni achi painting bhi bna leti hain," Haseena too complimented.

"Ji voh hum aate hain," Karishma said and went towards the kitchen, totally ignoring Haseena.

_________

Karishma, after convincing her mother to let Haseena and Ammi stay here, was showing the mother and daughter the room they were going to stay in. She was quite surprised that she had agreed at once itself. She did not show any tantrums or didn't taunt her for that.

"Ji bas itna hi batana tha," Karishma declared after instructing them everything.

"Acha toh tumhara room kahan hain?" Ammi asked while looking around.