CHAPTER 10- A TOUGH NIGHT

Two hours.

It had literally been two hours since Haseena went inside the washroom and never came out. Though Haseena had not shown any interest in marriage, she wasn't against it. She had a neutral reaction unlike Karishma who was totally against getting married.

Karishma never wanted to get married, Haseena knew that. That was the reason why Haseena was nervous to face her. But she was also told that the bride has given her consent to marry, but Karishma's reaction was not like she had given one.

Haseena finally gained courage to step out of the bathroom and face her "wife".

With shivering palm, she opened the door and took a step out only to be met with flower vase that had barely passed her and hit the wall.

Haseena looked at Karishma whose eyes were blood red. The mascara had  reached her cheeks and dried there.

"Yeh ap. . . " Haseena tried to speak.

"Chinta mat kijiye, nahi marne wale the apko. Kisi ko janbujh ke chot pahunchane ke gunn humare andar nhi hai" Karishma said as another tear made its way out.

"Karishma Singh, yeh ap—" Haseena tied to speak but was cut off.

"Apko pata tha na!" Karishma yelled.

"Hume kuch nhi pata tha Karishma ji" Haseena said but Karishma smiled sarcastically.

"Apko pata tha Haseena Mallik! Apko pata tha. Apko iss shadi ke bare me pata tha apko pata tha ki humse apka shadi hone wala hai. Akhir kese pata nhi hoga, ek bade makan ki malkin jo tehrin ap!" Karishma said with anger and sarcasm.

"Ap hume galat samajh rahin hai Karishma ji" Haseena tried to handle the matter calmly but Karishma just walked out of the room.

"Kya kare ab hum" Haseena said as she sat on the bed with her face in her hands.

Just then, her phone beeped, she checked the messages. It was from Karishma, "apki zindagi jahanum nhi bana liye toh hamara nam bhi Karishma Singh nhi"

Haseena just left her phone beside her and lied on the bed with a sigh. Looking at the ceiling, she re called everything that happened in the past few weeks.

Karishma telling her that she was going to get married, she not being able to comfort her because She herself was getting married. Haseena somewhere, did not realise, felt saddened when she heard the news of Karishma getting married very soon.

She never showed any interest in the marriage. Ammi had told her that it would be a simple wedding and Haseena never really asked for anything else. There were no rituals, just the feras.

Haseena never realized how tired she was until she had lied on the bed, her eyes were suffering from sleeplessness from the past week and now that everything was over, everything in her body came at once, resulting in her feeling extremely exhausted.

Her eyes closed finally, as she dove into a deep sleep.

__________________________

Karishma, on the other hand, was just roaming in the streets outside in her wedding dress. She had wished her face but when one saw her eyes, could clearly understand that she had cried hysterically some hours ago.

"Kyu kyu kyu! Hamare sath hi kyu hota hai esa!" Karishma mumbled to herself, going forward.

She found a bench on the pathway, feeling weak in her knees, she really felt the need to sit down.

Though, she had planned to just sit down for a few minutes, she got lost in her own thoughts, resulting in her being there for longer than she had thought.

________________________________

The first rays of the dawn were the reason Haseena woke up from her beauty sleep. Only after waking up, she knew how much she had needed that sleep to continue functioning. Her eyes felt like being released from a weight while her body felt lighter.

But all her worries didnt end yet. If all this was over, she had another issue waiting up, her "wife"

There was a knock on the door, Haseena got up and opened it, the waiter came in.

He had not come just like that. He had brought with home the most exquisite dishes for breakfast.

Though, food was one thing which Haseena was fond of, she didnt wish to eat anything at the moment. The waiter, in his uniform, just came and kept in the tray.

"Your breakfast ma'am" he said, bowed and went away.

Haseena felt a pit in her stomach. She knew Karishma would hate her now, but she still wouldnt want her to be hurt. She took her phone in her hand to dial her number, but hesitated when she saw the last message she had left.

"Kya kare ab hum" Haseena thought to herself. She still ended up dialing her number, only to be hung up on.

At the same time, she heard the lock of the door twist. Someone was here, someone who had the access to the room.

The door opened with a creak, and there walked in Karishma. The makep still intact on her face, yet she looked dead inside. Her eyes, tired and heavy.  Her hair, messed up.

Haseena gulped, feeling the pit in her stomach growing. She knew that this was the silence before storm.

"Karishma ji" she said, trying to initiate a conversation.

Karishma looked at her, straight, into her eyes, into her soul, caring her. Haseena didnt know what to say next, she seemed to forget how to speak, she forgot what words were.

Upon not getting any response back, Karishma just moved towards the washroom. She had to use that washroom Because she did not have the keys to her room anymore. The keys had been taken away since she had to share her room with her so called wife, Haseena.

Haseena's phone rang at the moment, she picked up. It was a call from her Ammi, they had to leave within two hours.