CHAPTER 8- SOLACE IN HAVOC

Okay, so finally Iam here with the part. Iam really sorry for the delay. Hope you all will like it.

Comment, vote and follow

___________________

The situation in the Singh house was grim. The newly came mother and daughter had just announced that they would be shifting very soon.

"Are behen ji hum ate rahenge na milne" Ammi said to Neeti who was faking her sadness.

While the elders' bickering was going on, there were two other ones who were really quiet the whole time. Somewhere, they were now comfortable with eachother, from passing smiles to eachother on duty to sharing the same bed, they now had got a habit of eachother's company.

Finally, after the breakfast, Haseena stood up to keep her plate in the kitchen. Seeing the chance, Karishma too got up with her plate and followed Haseena.

Haseena was somewhat taken aback in the kitchen, she did not want to be around Karishma alone because she had felt the tention in the dining hall. But she also knew that she cannot avoid the upcoming interrogation.

"Toh ap jaa rhi hain?" Karishma asked while washing her hands. Haseena, who was already aware of the question, just nodded her head and replied "hmm."

"Kab?" Karishma asked disheartened.

"Aj rat tak sab saman shift karwa denge. Apka yeh ehsaan humein yad rahega. Thankyou so much for letting us stay here" Haseena said, being genuinely thankful.

The silence prevailed for a few seconds. Karishma did not want to speak anything regarding this topic. In the past couple of weeks, she had grew closer not only with Haseena, but also Ammi. She had experienced that long lost motherly love and now, she did not want to let that go.

"Hum ate rahenge na." Haseena said in a sweet voice.

"Humein farq nhi padta. Ap aye ya na aye" Karishma said, washing her plate.

The answer was somewhere expected by Haseena. Karishma was certainly not the person who would accept that she needed attention. She did not like to rely on someone, especially when she could never rely on her own family. 

_______________________________

She heard the door creak and turned behind. It was her mother. Strange, she thought. Her mother never visited her room, nor she checked on her. She was somewhere nervous, her mother talking to her, especially alone, never brought good news to her.

"Suno" Neeti said and Karishma looked at her. "Tumhari shadi tai ho gyi hain, agle hafte"

Karishma, who usually heard her mother's words from one ear and let them pass through the other, was now fully attentive.

"Ek minute. . . ladka kon hai?" Karishma asked. The news came to her as a shock. She did not know what she should respond with. Her heartbeat was increasing every passing second. Marriage was the one thing she scared the most.

"Agle hafte pata chal jayega" Neeti said with a smirk and left the room.

Karishma stayed quiet, her legs shivering while she tried to fight the tears coming through her eyes. Gradually, the images infront of her blurred as she stopped fighting the tears. They rushed out, making her feel helpless and miserable. The constant ache in her chest reminded her that she could not do anything but sit there and cry on the floor while her life was being destroyed infront of her eyes.