CHAPTER 11- THE TORTURE BEGINS

The whole journey to the Mallik Villa was silent. The newly wedded couple was sitting at the back while everyone else was playing antakshari at the front. 'I wonder how her house would look like' thought Karishma. After some time, when they reached home, her curiosity was cleared, but it was nothing like she had expected. She had expected Haseena to be a lavish rich brat who owned a home, a luxurious car and other things which rich people did. Haseena's home looked like how a normal one would look.  A simple paint, but elegant, with windows which would give enough room for sunlight to enter during sunny days. The house had all that    was needed on the s outside. She just hoped that inside was the same. Everyone got out of the car, Ammi could see the look of greediness in Neeti's face clearly. As  soon as she got up, Neeti ran towards the home to see it. 

"Tum yahaan betho, hum tumhare swaagat ka intezaam karte hai. akhir nayi bahu ka swagat bhi toh dhum dham se hona chaiye" Ammi said with that heart warming smile of hers which made Karishma too smile. Atleast she liked Ammi out of everyone who lived in that house. 

"Ji Ammi" Karishma said returning that smile.

Ammi welcomed her daughter in law in a grand way, with a lot of drum rolls and smiles. She looked like se could lay the earth on the feet of her daughter in law.

"Aag aur Pani ki jodi, alag hi dhum machegi ab" Santosh said to Ammi who smiled.

Away from everything, hiding from everyone, Haseena took out her mobile with a tensed expression on her face. She opened her messages and scrolled to the one with the name 'Riyanshi' on it.

"It's over" she texted and pressed 'send'.

____________________________

Karishma checked out the house. It looked really elegant. Of course, Haseena was a billionaire, and somehow, Karishma was stuck with her for a lifetime.

She was in the washroom, looking at her own face in the mirror, cursing her fate.

Haseena had become her good friend, why did she have to marry her. Marrying her just turned that feeling of affinity into hatred. A hatred which literally wanted to kill Haseena.

She felt bound, with the imaginary cuffs of marriage around her wrist, with the weight of more responsibilities on her shoulder.

The house was decorated beautifully from the inside too. Everyone was having lunch downstairs at the table while Karishma had come upstairs to keep her luggage.

She stopped out the bathroom and saw Haseena on the call with DSP. Haseena looked pretty tense while talking but Karishma could only feel the rage seeping into her. She just wanted pull Haseena and slap her across her cheek, spot on her face and move on but again, she was bound.

Haseena huffed and hung up the call before she finally noticed Karishma.

"Karishma Ji" she called out politely.

"Hmm" the latter answered coldly.

"Hume apse bat karni hai" Haseena said calmly and motioned her to sit on the bed.

Karishma did as she said and Haseena sat beside her. The latter took Karishma's hand in hers which left her in a shock. What the hell was Haseena thinking of herself? Holding her hand like that.

"I want to give this a chance" Haseena said looking into her eyes. "I know, we have got married under unusual circumstances, and you never wanted to get married. But I think we should give this a chance." Haseena said with a hopeful smile.