CHAPTER 9- UNWANTED UNION

Haseena had just cut the call that day when Karishma informed her that she was going to get married.

Haseena didnt know why, but the news of Karishma's marriage had pierced her heart into pieces. She could literally feel the pain in jer chest after hearing the news.

The rest of the nights were sleepless for the both of them, Haseena and Karishma could not concentrate in the thana, the following one week was like hell to them, knowing that they were soon going to get married.

Today was the day. Both were getting ready, not knowing for whome they were getting ready, not knowing whome they were going to marry. For some reason, both of their mother's thought that it would be very fun uf they hide their partner's name.

Another common thing they shared was the level of interest, both of them werent interested in the marriage at all, it was like a punishment to them. Their mother had denied to give the details of the groom/bride and they didnt even bother to know.

Karishma knew that whoever her bride was, was very rich as she was able to afford a very luxurious hotel out of the city for the wedding. The rooms were huge, they could fit twenty people in it. Karishma was literally sleeping in the most comfortable bed she had ever slept on. She was eating the most delicious food on the classiest plates. But she still didnt get to see who her bride was. She was cleared in one thing, her bride was as interested in marriage as she herself was.

She didnt know that she would get married like this. No interest, no excitement. There were no rituals done for the marriage, there was nothing except the feras.

Her mind went back to the night when she had told Haseena about the marriage, there was no reaction from her side, she had literally paid zero attention to her since then. Her heart ached at the realisation that Haseena couldn't care less.

For some span of time, Karishma thought that she could share things with Haseena. That maybe Haseena was the person who would understand her situation. Her expections got trashed when Haseena paid no heed to what she was saying.

"Pata nahi kis maa ki bigdi aulad se hamara shadi ho rha hai" Karishma said, wearing the bangles which had been delivered from her future partner's home.

"Karishma" A lady knocked on the door to call her.

Karishma sighed and got up from the chair she was sitting on. She took one last glance at herself in the mirror and went with the lady.

The hall for the wedding was decorated extravagantly. The most beautiful lights and the most beautiful carpets. The lights were switched off when she began to climb down the stairs and the spotlight fell on her.
The whole crowd was looking at the beauty coming down but Karishma was only looking at the person she was going to marry. Her back was turned towards her, she was talking to the priest.

But as soon as the bride turned around and their eyes met, everything around Karishma was muted.

Those deep eyes, that mole below her lips, that soft, gentle look on her face, she could never forget that. Though she was looking calm from outside,  her heartbeat had increased to ten times discovering that her bride was none other than her senior.

The look on Haseena's face was no different. KARISHMA SINGH WAS HER BRIDE?? The same Karishma whome she had never got along with,  the same Karishma who believed in the stupid ideology of kicks and punches. The same Karishma whome was she seen being vulnerable, the same Karishma who could be extremely caring towards her elders.

Within the next few seconds, Karishma came down, to the stage. Haseena got out of her bubble. But both were speechless, Haseena still didnt like Karishma and Karishma still didnt like Haseena.

This was the person who had now ruined her life by marrying her. 

"I hate you Haseena Mallik" Karishma whispered as tears threatened to leave her eyes, but she was restricting herself from crying. Their mothers had seem to make it a marriage with consent and not by force. 

Haseena and Karishma were sitting infront of the sacred fire, following the priest's command.

At last, the time came when they had to standup for the seven rounds infront of the sacred fire. Their feet were shivering but they never made it obvious. Their hearts were beating faster than an average man's heart would.

With every step they took around the sacred fire, they suppressed a tear from shedding. Though they were putting on a smiling face infront of everyone, their souls were crying from within.

"Phere sampann hue" the priest said and everyone clapped and wooed.

Ammi and Neeti looked at each other with a smile. But Ammi knew that the smile was not for the wedding, but for the amount she was going to receive afterwards for giving her daughter.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai hamare sath, Has—Haseena Mallik? Hamari senior jinse hum beinteha nafrat karte hai unse hamara shadi?"

Karishma looked at Ammi who was giving her the widest grin. Karishma tried to fight her tears and give her a smile but she couldn't, the pain in her heart was overpowering her control on her emotions. But she still very well knew that she shouldn't cry now, else, it will create an inevitable consequence.

They both never spoke all the while, all they did was passing fake smiles to the guest and taking their blessings.

Finally when everything was done, they both were escorted to their room by one of the helpers.

Haseena and Karishma, now married to eachother, were standing infront of the door of their suite. They both could expect what was inside it.

Haseena opened the door and entered inside, followed by Karishma, welcomed by the view that they totally expected.