16. i'm sorry

It had been a bitter week for Remus Lupin.

He was angry, he was tired, and he was scared.

His best friend had betrayed him, or at least that's what it felt like. Remus already felt like a monster and almost killing his classmate was the last thing he needed.

Remus, James, and Peter were giving Sirius the silent treatment. The four were no longer seen together and the marauders didn't seem as happy as they always did. Instead, Sirius would always sit apart from the other three in the Great Hall, and a tense silence would fill their dorm room most nights, but still, James and Peter tried their very best to cheer Remus up.

Sometimes they would even try to pretend absolutely nothing had happened and of course, Remus was thankful for it but nothing seemed to work. A bitter mood still lingered on him as if he would snap any minute, but he never did.

It hurt to admit that he meant everything he had said to Kat when she visited him in the hospital wing. The last thing he wanted was for Katherine to get hurt, and for her to be safe he would either have to tell her the truth or avoid her for as long as he could. Remus refused to tell her the truth. He was already so afraid of himself and he wouldn't be able to stand Kat being afraid of him.

"Right Moony?" James's voice snapped him back into reality.

"Hm?"

"You're dozing off again Remus." Peter pointed out with a teasing tone.

"Sorry, what are we talking about?"

"How I'm going to lead the team in victory and we're going to destroy Ravenclaw today." James wore a proud smile, he was referring to the Quidditch game that Gryffindor had against Ravenclaw that afternoon.

"Oh right." Remus just nodded making James and Peter share a look.

"You are coming right?" Peter asked.

"I'm not sure." Remus shrugged.

"You have to!" Peter exclaimed. "Please Moony!" Peter gave him a desperate look.