27. train station

Katherine woke up to the annoyingly loud chatter of her roommates

Katherine woke up to the annoyingly loud chatter of her roommates. Emmeline Vance was pacing around the room, nervously looking around for her favorite lipstick.

"Found it!" She announced loudly which caused Katherine to sit up on her bed and force her sleepy eyes open. "Kat, shouldn't you start packing? We have to leave in a few hours." Emmeline tilted her head.

"I already packed yesterday," Katherine said as she rubbed her eyes.

Hestia suddenly came into the room with a pile of folded clothes in her arms, "Can you help me pack then?" She asked before stuffing the clothes into her trunk.

Kat got ready quickly before helping Hestia pack her trunk. After 30 long minutes of packing, Kat learned that Hestia had way too many socks and way too little space in her trunk. Once the girls were finished they quickly headed downstairs to get onto the train that would be departing in less than half an hour.

It didn't take long before Kat started looking around for Remus. Truth be told Kat hadn't spoken to Remus after their meeting on the astronomy tower but it wasn't exactly on purpose. It seemed as if almost every student was too busy these days, finishing up assignments and cleaning up their dorms.

"Kat, catch up!" Hestia called out. Kat blinked before noticing how far ahead Emmeline and Hestia were. She rushed towards them and walked beside Hestia when she had caught up. "What's gotten you so distracted?" Hestia asked.

"Hm? Nothing,"

"Nothing huh?" Emmeline shared a knowing smile with Hestia, "Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you ran off with Remus two days ago and came back all giddy and smiley,"

Kat's eyebrows furrowed. Have these two always been keeping tabs on her? "No! And I would like you to know that I am never giddy,"

"Yeah right,"

"Whatever,"

The two girls said at the same time before moving on to a different topic. Kat listened to Hestia rant about her mother's bland cooking and walked onto the train with them. The three girls slid through the aisle looking for an empty compartment.