22. scar

The great hall was loud today,  louder than most days. Exciting chatter and big smiles filled each table. Now it usually wasn't ordinary for all the students to look so ecstatic but these days were an exception, summer was near and school was closer to being done.

Remus sat down next to Peter who was babbling on about something that had happened last week, but Remus wasn't paying attention, he was too busy dozing off and looking around. Well, looking at one person in particular, he watched as Kat's smile grew as she listened attentively to something Lily was telling her. 

He watched as the two strands from the front of her hair would cover her face every time she would move, he watched as she covered her mouth with her hand every time she laughed, though he wished she wouldn't.

He realized he must've been watching her for too long when Kat's eyes suddenly met his, his cheeks warmed up but Kat didn't seem to notice. Kat gave him a warm smile before her attention went back to Lily.

"Stop staring Moony, it's getting creepy." Sirius's voice snapped.

"What?" Remus turned his head to his three friends and mumbled.

"You've been staring at Vu for like 10 minutes," James pointed out with an accusing tone.

Remus flushed in embarrassment, "No I haven't." He defended, though he knew he had been caught.

"Look, why don't you just tell her you fancy her, then you guys can date and have me to thank," James said proudly.

"It's not that easy James," Remus sighed.

"So you admit it?" Peter suddenly spoke up.

 Remus' eyebrows furrowed, "Admit what?"

"That you fancy her!" 

"Maybe," Remus shrugged, "I don't know."

After giving it a lot of thought, Remus had concluded that he had maybe, sort of, had a tiny crush on Katherine Vu. The long nights filled with questions and the dozing off into thought had confirmed it.