twelve | sectionals

As he walked into the choir room with Miss Pillsbury close behind him, Mr

As he walked into the choir room with Miss Pillsbury close behind him, Mr. Schuester said, "Hey, guys, let's, uh... Let's gather round." After coming to a halt in front of the students in the Glee Club, Mr. Schuester let out a sigh before he told them, "Well... I have found my replacement. So give it up for Miss Pillsbury."

While nearly all of the Glee Clubbers had simply clapped their hands together, Brittany said, "She's the one they made me talk to when they found out I kept that bird in my locker."

While Christian only rolled his eyes in response to Brittany's words, Santana asked Miss PIllsbury, "So do you even know anything about music?"

In turn, Mr. Schuester told them, "What's important is that she cares about you guys every bit as much as I do."

With a roll of his eyes, Christian thought to himself, "Yeah, you care about us enough that you're willing to get a student into this damn club of yours over their own free will."

While Christian had rolled his eyes once more, Mr. Schuester said to them, "Now... I don't know what the future holds for me... and for us. But I know, Saturday, you're gonna make me proud. You guys are gonna be great. So... Goodbye for now."

After Mr. Schuester had nodded his head at them and started to turn his back on them, Mercedes said to him, "Wait. What about our setlist?"

After turning around to face them once more, Mr. Schuester replied, "I can't help you with that. You've gotta figure that out for yourselves." Then, with a nod of his head, he said to them, "Alright, guys."

Then he turned his back on them yet again and walked out of the choir room, shortly before Artie said with a turn of his head, "Well, we have to do 'Proud Mary' in wheelchairs. That's in."

In turn, Finn said, "And 'Don't Stop Believin' for sure."

Then Tina asked them, "What about the ballad?"

It was then that Rachel went to walk towards the front of the room as she said, "I would be thrilled to contribute a ballad from my repertoire."

The moment that Rachel had come to a halt just beside Miss Pillsbury, Mercedes went to stand up from her chair as she said, "Okay, you know what, Ms. Bossy Pants? Enough. I've worked just as hard as you and I'm just as good as you." As she started to walk over towards where Rachel was standing, she said, "And you know, you always end up stealing the spotlight."

In turn, Rachel asked her, "Mercedes, do you honestly think you're as strong of a balladeer as I am?" Then she turned to Miss Pillsbury and quietly told her, "Ballads are kind of my thing."

While Christian silently watched the silent interaction between Mercedes and Matt, Miss Pillsbury said to Rachel, "Okay, um, Rachel... Why don't you let Mercedes give it a try?"

After Rachel had only nodded her with a smile on her face, Mercedes said, "Thanks, Mrs. P." After both Rachel and Miss Pillsbury went to go ahead and sit down with the other Glee Clubbers, Mercedes turned to Brad and asked him, "Do I even need to tell you what song?"