fourteen | the power of madonna

As he turned his back on the whiteboard, Mr

As he turned his back on the whiteboard, Mr. Schuester asked, "What comes to mind when you see that name?"

With a shake of her head, Rachel said, "Genius."

Then Kurt said, "Icon."

With a nod of his head, Puck said, "Hall of fame MILF."

While Christian only rolled his eyes in response to Puck's words, Mr. Schuester said to them, "So, we're all aware of Madonna's musical and cultural significance, which is why this week your assignment is to come up with a Madonna number."

While the girls in the group excitedly talked amongst one another and an ecstatic Morgan practically hugged one of Christian's arms out of the sheer joy that she felt, Puck said, "Uh, Mr. Schue? As a dude, Madonna makes me kind of uncomfortable."

With furrowed eyebrows, Christian asked Puck, "Dude, didn't you just say that she was a hall of fame MILF?"

While Puck only shrugged to himself in response to Christian's question towards him, Finn asked Mr. Schuester, "Yeah, she's smoking and everything, but can't some of us do something else? Like the guy version of Madonna? Like, you know, Pantera?"

Just when some of the boys in the group started to agree with Finn's words, Mr. Schuester said to them, "Guys! You know, it's come to my attention that many of you haven't been treating the young ladies of our group very nicely lately. You're disrespectful, bullying, sexist, and I hate to say it, misogynistic."

In turn, Finn said, "I have no idea what that means."

While Morgan looked over at her own brother with furrowed eyebrows at the same exact time that Christian did, Brittany said, "When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist."

After shaking his head to himself and remaining silent for a couple of seconds, Mr. Schuester told them, "What it means is put yourself in their shoes for a change. Culturally, Madonna's legacy transcends her music because by and large, the subtext of her songs are about being strong, independent a-and confident no matter what your sex. But more than anything, Madonna's musical message is about equality. And that is something I think you guys need to work on."

With a raise of his arm that wasn't practically being hugged by Morgan, Christian asked, "When you say 'you guys', you mean people like Artie and Puckerman over there, right? Because last I checked, I don't really treat any of the girls here like crap. So, I don't really see how this affects me."

With a scoff, Rachel told him, "You told me off just last week."

With a shrug of his shoulders, Christian replied, "Yeah, 'cause you brought up my brother. There's no way in hell that I'd want to waste my time talking about the guy that's done nothing but make my life a living hell for as long as I lived in the same house as him just 'cause you happened to have some sort of school-girl crush on the guy."