twenty four | grilled cheesus

With a raise of his hand, Finn said, "Mr

With a raise of his hand, Finn said, "Mr. Schue? I have something to say." After standing up from his chair and walking over to where Mr. Schuester was standing, Finn said, "Something happened to me, and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core."

In turn, Puck said, "Oh, my God, he's coming out."

With a nod of his head, Finn replied, "Yes. There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life and... that man is Jesus Christ."

While both Christian and Morgan glanced at each other with their eyebrows furrowed, Puck said, "That's way worse."

Then Finn said, "And I know there's others in here who dig him, too. And so I thought maybe this week, we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

It was then that Kurt told him, "Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science."

With a shake of her head, Mercedes said, "I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here."

With a nod of her own head, Quinn replied, "I agree. I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks."

In turn, Santana asked her, "Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?"

Then Brittany told them, "Whenever I pray, I fall asleep."

With a shrug of his shoulders, Christian said, "I used to pray when I was a kid, but I kind of stopped when I realized that there were no changes being made in my life, so I just gave up on the idea of praying altogether."

While both Quinn and Mercedes glanced over at Christian with furrowed eyebrows, Mr. Schuester said, "Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We could do songs about spirituality."

After seeing Puck make a face at Mr. Schuester's words, Finn asked him, "You got a problem with Jesus?"

Puck replied, "Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality, or whatever you want to call it, is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I mean, I see God every time I make out with a new chick."

While Christian only rolled his eyes at Puck's words, Rachel said, "Okay, okay. That doesn't make any sense. In fact, it's stupid."

With a raise of his head, Puck asked her, "Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" When Rachel only looked away from him, Puck stood up from his chair and made his way away from the other Glee Clubbers as he said, "At this time, I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists."

After Finn had made his way back over to his chair, Puck said, "Hit it."

It wasn't long afterwards that the intro to the song started to be played on the piano, shortly before Puck sang with a strum of his guitar, "Come on, Virginia, don't let me wait. You Catholic girls start much too late. Oh, but sooner or later, it comes down to fate. I might as well be the one. Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray, they built you a temple and locked you away. Oh, but they never told you the price that you pay for things that you might have done. Only the good die young. Whoa-oh, whoa-oh, whoa, whoa, oh." Then he quickly made his way over towards Quinn and sang from where he stood in front of her, "You got a nice white dress and a party on your confirmation You got a brand-new soul, mmm, and a cross of gold."