"You ain't gonna sit there and bully me around or tell me what to do!"

Here's another cheeky double upload ;)

********************

Bailey's POV

The next day, I woke up and got ready for the day. I had a few things to do around the hotel, and then I had to go to the arena for a meeting with the other fighters and the staff. I met up with some of the other fighters and we all walked to the arena together.

"You're such a tight ass Brooke," Taylor says, "You make the same as all of us, nearly 200k a year? Yet you spend the least out of all of us when we're on the road."

"What? I just want to save my money, that's all. No need to spend unnecessarily when I don't have to." Brooke says.

I was genuinely interested to know why, so I asked her, "Why's that? If you don't mind me asking,"

Brooke smiled at me and said, "It's because I want to retire early and spend more time with my husband and our 2 children."

"You got kids?"

"Yeah. I got photos of them if you want to see,"

I nodded eagerly, "Yeah, I would love to see them."

She pulled out her phone and started showing me pictures of her kids. One was a boy and one was a girl, "See? That's James, he's 6, and that's Jenna, who's only 3. They're so cute!"

I smiled, "Yeah, they are. They look a lot like you."

She nodded, "Yeah, they do. I'm glad they got my good looks," She said with a laugh.

"So, you want to retire early to spend more time with them?" I asked.

"Yeah. Being on the road all the time sucks, I don't really see them much. Plus I want to make sure their future's are secure by saving up as much money as I can."

I nodded, "Yeah, that makes sense. I can understand why you would want to do that."

Brooke smiled, "Yeah, I just have to be careful not to spend too much money on unnecessary things."

"Yeah, that's true. It's good to be mindful of your spending."

We chatted a bit more as we walked into the arena, "God, I hate these meetings. More like I hate Joe in general," I say, referring to our promoter.

"Yeah, I know. He's such a dick,"

"Tell me about it. I swear, he's always picking on me about something,"

"He's just an ass in general. Don't let him get to you."

We walked into the meeting room and took our seats. Joe started the meeting by going over some things that we needed to do, and then he started being an asshole. "Bailey, you may have to do 2 fights in one night soon. We're thinking about it."

"What? Why? I've never had to do that before,"

"Well, you're one of our most popular fighters, and we think it would be a good idea to put you in 2 fights in one night. It would be a big ratings draw."

"I don't know, Joe. I don't think I'm ready for that."

"Well, you're going to have to be ready, because we may or may not do it. We'll see how the ratings are for the next few fights and then make a decision, or we might just do it tomorrow tonight."

I sighed, "Fine, but I don't like it."

Joe nodded, "Well, you don't have to like it. You just have to do it."

The meeting went on and Joe continued to be a dick, but I tried to tune him out. I was really not looking forward to the possibility of having to do 2 fights in one night, but I knew that I would just have to deal with it if it happened. Maybe I could try and get out of it, but I'm not sure that'll be a breach of contract, probably is for all I know.