"All of life is made up of ordinary days."

Just want to give a quick thanks for the 2k views, seriously, thank you.

***************

Kelley's POV

Right now it's February, and I'm back in Utah for the NWSL preseason. We had training today and it was a blast. Last time I saw Bailey was after the SheBelieves cup which the USWNT won, and now here I am, away from her again. Since then, we've kind of hit a rough patch in a way and she's on the road again. I'd call her, and she wouldn't answer, then she'd call me when I'm unable to answer. Every text I send her, she doesn't reply until a few hours later which is unlike her. I know her ankle is hurting a lot and I'm very concerned, but knowing Bailey, she says she's fine. She's that type of person who's very prideful and doesn't like to show weakness.

I walked into my apartment after a lengthy, hard training day, and dropped my bag on the floor before turning on the AC. I decided to cook dinner so I got some vegetables and spices, while also checking my phone. I had another missed call from Bailey and I just sighed before going back to cooking.

As I was chopping the vegetables, my phone was ringing again. I grabbed it and saw it was Bailey, so I quickly answered.

"Hey, Bailey,"

"Heyo!," She said, her voice sounding upbeat.

I could hear multiple voices in the background, "Where are you?"

"Oh, I'm in Montreal. We got a few shows up here in Canada. I'm just at the hotel bar with some of the other performers, just having a good time. What about you? What are you up to?"

"Just cooking dinner," I said, "You sound like you're having fun."

"Yeah, it's been really great. The women here though, are so damn sexy," She said, and my blood ran cold. I knew Bailey was a flirt, but I wasn't sure if she was serious or not.

"Oh, really?" I said.

"Yeah, they're all gorgeous. But, none of them can compare to you," She said, and this time I knew she was being serious. "Ain't no harm in-Oh hey," I heard a woman's voice in the background and Bailey must have heard my thoughts, "You're a bit forward, goddamn. Who am I talking to? My girlfriend, she's just as sexy as you are." She told the woman who was speaking to her. I instantly became jealous and insecure.

"Fuck, you really want me?" Bailey asked the girl, and I could hear the girl giggle in the background.

"Mmmm, yes," The girl said, and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Oh no you don't," I heard another woman's voice say followed by the sound of the phone being taken. "Hey, this is Bailey's friend Brooke. I just saved her from making a stupid decision since she's had way too much to drink."

I breathed a sigh of relief, "Oh thank God. Thank you, Brooke."

"No problem, I'm just looking out for her. You know how she is." She said, and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Thank you again. I really appreciate it." I said, "No problem Kelley, I'll get her to say bye before I take her up to her room, okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Tell her I said bye and I'll talk to her later," I said, before she hung up.

I turned my attention back to the vegetables and sighed, before continuing to chop them. I was mad at Bailey and I was jealous, but I knew she hadn't done anything wrong. I just wanted her to know that I cared about her and wanted her to be safe. I finished cooking and ate my dinner before getting ready for bed and eventually falling asleep.

The next morning, I got a text from Bailey saying sorry for the night before. I told her it was okay and that I knew she didn't mean anything by it, she was drunk and it was just a harmless flirting, but still had that hint of insecurity. What if she is actually picking up other women? We talked for a bit and then she told me about a few more pranks she and Brooke had pulled the night before, and I couldn't help but laugh. We talked for a few more minutes and then she told me she had to go, but that she'd call me later.