18. "Are You Okay?"

Apparently, I have bone deficiency...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gillian's POV

Ever since Courtney and I decided to keep things casual, things between the two of us have been easy sailing, oddly enough.

Courtney stopped asking me to skip my classes for the sole purpose of enacting in sexual endeavors and instead chose to join me in the back corner of the library during our lunch period.

To my knowledge, she does not appear to be upset by this change. And if she is then she is doing a phenomenal job at hiding it.

She has even started asking me more normal questions and joking around with me similarly to the way we did years ago when we were just friends.

I was pleasantly surprised by this change when it origin-ally happened as I just assumed that things between us were going to be different, but I am not complaining about the change.

Courtney also seems to be less sexual overall, as if she had a copious amount of pent up sexual frustration that she has somehow found a way to finally get out of her system.

That's the difference between her and I...

Courtney has always been a very sexual person. I would not particularly say that she is a sex addict or anything, but she is well aware of the natural sexual energy that she exudes and uses it to her advantage.

I, on the other hand, am not a very sexual person. Quite the opposite actually. With that being said, I would not say that I never engage in anything sexual such as personal... uhm, erotic stimulation, but I do not engage in it very much. However, when I do, it does take me awhile to completely satisfy myself.

...something Courtney had no problem helping me with in Gia's basement-

Stop that!

"Gillian, sweetie, it's your turn." My mother's kind tone enters my eardrums, effectively breaking me out of my all encompassing conscious.

Blinking my eyes a few times, my eyes adjust to the four adults that sit around the coffee table. Three out of the four adults being some of my mother's work friends.

"Right, sorry." I quickly mumble.

My eyes shift downward towards the game board that contains numerous brightly colored pieces. My eyes dance around the board for a few seconds before I bring one of my hands up to move my game-board piece forward one square.

I go to pick up a pink colored card only to stop in my path when the sound of the doorbell going off is heard throughout the house followed by the sound of hurried knocking.

I cannot help but furrow my eyebrows at the interruption.

Did my mother invite someone else and they are just late?

"Are you expecting someone, Gill?" My mother speaks up.

Well, that debunks my theory.

"No."

With my answer, I notice my mother begin to stand from her spot beside me only to stop when I hold my hand out in front of her.

"No, I'll get it." I assure her, beginning to rise from my spot on the floor.

Once upright, I stroll in the direction of the front door.

The doorbell goes off once more on my journey towards aforementioned front door.

Getting the sense that the person might be in a rush, I quicken my footsteps until I stand in front of the door. I bring my hand up and turn the top lock to the left in order to unlock it before bringing that very same hand back down to turn the now unlocked door.