28. "Make Me."

A Few Weeks Later.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gillian's POV

"Congratulations class of two thousand twenty-three. We did it!" Our class valedictorian says into the microphone attached to the podium.

It is as if a switch is flipped.

All of my classmates and schoolmates jump up out of their assigned seats, loud cheers of excitement exiting their mouths.

Although most of them are cheering excitedly, some of them appear to have tears streaming down their cheeks.

There are graduation caps being thrown left and right, some of which even hitting some people in the face.

My thoughts are interrupted by someone wrapping their arms around me, a mango and tangerine scent meeting my nostrils almost immediately.

"What's wrong? You look sad." Comes Courtney's worried voice.

I turn to face the worried girl, automatically noticing the way that her eyebrows are pulled together with genuine concern.

"I'm not sad, just observing." I assure her, placing my hands on either of her hips and pulling her closer towards me.

"Are you sure?" She double checks.

"I'm positive."

"Good," she says.

The blonde haired girl tightens her arms around my neck in order to pull my face closer to her own.

"I would hate to have to end this because of your delusions." She whispers against my lips.

I hum with amusement as I press my forehead to hers.

"That's a big statement coming from you of all people, Court."

"Which is exactly why I can make it."

"I don't really think that is how it-"

"Gillian."

"Yeah?"

"Just shut up and kiss me." A large smile makes its way onto my face.

I do not waste a second more as I tilt my head to the right and press our lips together, cherry-tinted lips meeting cherry-chapstick lips.

I do not think that I have ever been as happy as I am now.

I have the most beautiful, caring, and slightly chaotic girlfriend.

I have loving parents.

I have a scholarship to my dream University.

And now I officially have graduated high school.

For the longest time, all I wanted to do was graduate from high school as soon as possible and attend a college states away, so that I would never have to see the people who have wronged me ever again.

But here I am now, graduating with the rest of my senior class, now dating the one girl who I once thought was the bane of my existence mere months ago.

-

Light chuckles fall from my lips as Courtney peppers kisses all over my cheeks, jaw, and neck.

"Stop that, it tickles!" I say through uncontrollable laughter.

"Make me." She mumbles lowly against my cheek.

I go to tease her back only to be cut off by someone clearing their throat near us.