𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

"Jaden! Hurry up we're going to be late!"

"Coming mum!" I rushed downstairs with two of my suitcases, then quickly ran back up to grab my duffel bag, along with my phone and laptop. My parents were sending me to Nevermore academy, as I was expelled from my last school for accidentally transforming into a siren during P.E.

At least now I wouldn't have to hide my abilities. It was turning into a rainy day, and usually I would enjoy those, swim about in the lake by our house or something, but not today. I had to get all my bags out to the car, and quickly, or else we'd be late. I managed to drag all my belongings out and load them into the trunk, then headed back inside to let my parents know I was ready to go.

I grab an apple and water bottle from the fridge before we all go to hop in the car to leave. The drive to Nevermore was a good 5 hours drive, so we all took turns to drive, me included. We finally made it, and turned into the driveway leading up to the wrought iron gates. They automatically opened for us and we moved forward, to come to a stop in front of the school.

We were to go to a meeting with the principal first, to sort my dorm and schedule. They usually didn't accept mid-term applications, however the principal had contacted us saying that the board had made an exception. The doors to her office swung open and she looked up.

"Ah, yes. King's. Please come have a seat." We sat in front of her, opposite her desk. "As you know, Jaden has been accepted into Nevermore. I have placed her in a room right next to one of our best students." Just then a girl walks into the office. She's a siren, you can tell by her eyes.

"You wanted to see me, principal Weems?" She questions. "Yes Divina. I'd like you to meet Jaden King. She's a siren, and is rooming with you. Do you mind showing her to her room, giving her a tour of the school and taking her to the office to pick up her uniform and schedule?"

The girl nods, and I get up to follow her. My parents stay with the principal, no doubt to discuss rules and grades and such. I follow Divina down several halls, until we stop at a door. "This is our room. The one directly next to us is Bianca's."

She seemed nice enough, then we continued on to the office to get my uniform and schedule. She took me to the bathroom to get changed, then out to a large open area. "This is the quad, where everyone hangs out. Come, I'll introduce you to my friends." We head towards a fountain, where two other students sat; a boy and girl.

"Bianca, Kent. I'd like you to meet Jaden King. She just started here at Nevermore." The two students stood and smiled, saying hello and introducing themselves. Both Divina and Kent had brown hair and the typical siren eyes. Judging from their looks, they were twins. Bianca had the same siren eyes however, darker skin and short, almost bald, hair. I greeted them in return, and we all stood and chatted for a while before I had to head back out to say a final goodbye to my parents.

I walked out to the driveway of the school, and met with my parents. "Oh honey, look at you! So smart in your new uniform!" My mother fussed over me, with unshed tears in her eyes. She finally backed away, and my dad came up to hug me. "Don't cause mischief, darling. Study hard and have a good attitude." Soon it was time to say goodbye permanently, and now I was crying slightly. I waved to them as they got in the car and drove off.

I made my way back into school, and to my room. Thankfully I'd memorised the route to my room earlier. My luggage had already been brought inside, and placed on the floor next to my bed. I began to unpack and sort things away. It took me about an hour, but finally I had organised and decorated my room. The door opened just as I stood up from shoving my bags under my bed.

Bianca and Divina stood on the other side, dressed in casual clothes. "Hey, guys." Both girls greeted me and smiled, then walked in. "We just wanted to see how you were settling in." Bianca answered, and Divina nodded along. "I'm going pretty good. Just finished unpacking and organising everything. I hope I haven't intruded on your side of the room, Divina." She looked around the room, taking it all in.

"Nah your good. We should introduce ourselves properly. Like go in a circle and tell eachother things about ourselves." Divina spoke up. I perked up. That sounded like fun. "Okay, bet. Do you wanna sit on my bed?" We all moved to my bed, which happened to be a double rather than a single. I went first.

"Okay, so I'm a siren as y'all know, I'm 16. I'm a Taurus, and I'm bisexual." I started off not too deep, just the superficial basic facts about myself. Then Divina went. "Okay, I'm 16, I'm a Gemini, I have an annoying twin brother, his name is Kent, and I'm a lesbian." And finally Bianca. "I'm also 16, I'm a Libra, don't have any siblings, and I'm straight."

We continued talking about ourselves, and our families, and I told them about my parents who also went to Nevermore. "They used to go to Nevermore when they were kids, and they were part of an elite social group. I think it was called the nightshades." Divina and Bianca shared a look, and turned back to me. They didn't say anything so I checked the time, and surprisingly it was quite late.

"It's getting kind of late, do you guys wanna head to bed?" They also checked the time and agreed. "Yea I'd better get back before the housemaster grills me. Bye Jaden." Bianca left, and it was just me and Divina in our room.